NAR Member Guidebook 2016-2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIB

Reaction score
"DISCOUNT COUPONS" As a benefit of NAR members, these valuable coupons can save you hundreds of dollars on your upcoming hobby purchases: Let's see: 1 page and 9 vendors participating,,,,yeah, I can see hundreds of doilars in savings there. Maybe I'll buy 3 N reloads from Wildman and save 800.00. Right. To top it off, most of the material is recycled from past guidebooks. Thanks a lot NAR leadership. the 2016-2017 NAR MemberGuidebook S-U-C-K-S

Keep in mind that the NAR leadership is all volunteers and that it is not a large organization. I think they have just one admin person. So if you really want to see improvements, volunteer some of your time.

"DISCOUNT COUPONS" As a benefit of NAR members, these valuable coupons can save you hundreds of dollars on your upcoming hobby purchases: Let's see: 1 page and 9 vendors participating,,,,yeah, I can see hundreds of doilars in savings there. Maybe I'll buy 3 N reloads from Wildman and save 800.00. Right. To top it off, most of the material is recycled from past guidebooks. Thanks a lot NAR leadership. the 2016-2017 NAR MemberGuidebook S-U-C-K-S

As long as the information is current there shouldn't be much change. It's like a user's manual, not a high school annual.
How much did you pay for it?
How much did you contribute?

No comment about the lack of vendor participation I see.........figures

No comment about the lack of vendor participation I see.........figures
I'm sorry your favorite vendors apparently are not as well-represented as you would have liked. Have you considered writing a few of them an old-fashioned paper letter laying out your arguments for why they should try to be included next year?

I'm sorry your favorite vendors apparently are not as well-represented as you would have liked. Have you considered writing a few of them an old-fashioned paper letter laying out your arguments for why they should try to be included next year?

I'm guessing he wants someone else to do all the work so he can reap the benefits without having to do any work himself.

I got mine yesterday, I was actually impressed with it. Having put out magazines for a Massachusetts bass club with 7,000 members I will say that its not only a thankless job but a very expensive job. Considering the mag was put together by volunteers id say it came out really good. Just my 2 cents.

Here's my point of view. It provides a great introduction to rocketry and should be very useful to newbies. Every year I look at it and put it away. I agree it is unfortunate that there aren't more coupons. The only one I every used IIRC was Apogees and ASP's. Personally, if I could opt out and save the organization a few shekels I would do so.

Here's my point of view. It provides a great introduction to rocketry and should be very useful to newbies. Every year I look at it and put it away. I agree it is unfortunate that there aren't more coupons. The only one I every used IIRC was Apogees and ASP's. Personally, if I could opt out and save the organization a few shekels I would do so.

I have a few stacked up in my drawer. I decided to hand mine out to the newbies that show up at our LPR field who show genuine interest.

If you want coupons buy Nadine's calendar. The fruity chutes coupon alone saved me multiples of what the calendar cost. Throw in Wildman and Missileworks, and some I'm sure I've forgot and it is a deal.

I'm guessing he wants someone else to do all the work so he can reap the benefits without having to do any work himself.

reminds me of a guy that use to come come to our launches, complained the 1010 rail was dirty, when I handed him a wire brush he was offended and never came back. :eyeroll:

:2:

REMEMBER! show up late to the launch and leave early,, and you won't have to do any set up or take down,,, just fly your rockets
someone else will do it and not get to fly their rockets :wink: :facepalm:

I think it must be every-other year.

I don't recall having received a guide book for several years now. In fact I'm sure I only received one when I joined about 6 years ago. I just assumed it was a one time deal for new members to help get going. I guess that's what happens when you pay three years at a time.

-brant

I agree that the content of the Guidebook is horribly stale. The last few issues I received went right in the garbage. NAR needs to pay for updated articles, just like they do for Sport Rocketry. The quality of the SR magazine greatly improved once NAR offered compensation.

If you dont like the guide book feel free to use them as propaganda to recruit new flyers, if some expresses an interest in rocketry give it to them.

Back