WOOSH rocketry- July 29/30- Bong rec area, Wisconsin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex, good luck finding your rocket tomorrow.

STILL no word or launch report yet from "Wernher von Vargas" aka Gary Kowabunga on his 6" Punisher's maiden flight. Very strange, very curious...

Would love to be up there with all of you this weekend but, I'll be at Muskegon tomorrow watching Sabrina get her NAR Jr. L-1. YOU GO GIRL!

There's always ECOF though- and, "we" have some scary plans for that one...

Good luck flying today! Rex- I hope your rocket turns up!

I finally got to a launch today. Not a lot of people there. Never a wait to fly. Winds were light and variable. I put up two on small motors (I didn't want to go swimming...).
The boy's Estes rockets landed almost back to the pads each time.

Not very many people on Sat. Maybe the wet launch site scared them away?

To be honest, it was much less wet than I expected. I thought the fields were going to be muck tastic, but actually were very dry for the most part.

I got in a couple nice flights on Sunday.

Nike Apache as a boosted dart, testing systems and looking for drag separation. Got none - so I guess it's blast separation for the staged flight.

Nice straight flight. And my first pyro dual deploy. My phone ran out of memory - so no vids. The Quantum data shows a weird pressure spike a bit before apogee, so maybe it separated as it nose over?

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501502949.375483.jpg

And my mini Arapahoe 'A' and NASA Pegasus- both on 13mm Centuri B4-3s. Yes - I have my expired motor program letter. The Pegasus cones - getting worse over the burn. More nose weight didn't help.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501503201.213934.jpg

well apparently mine has yet to be found, well there ought to be a few salvageable parts left even if the altimeter is toast(thinking that the nose cone and motor retainer should survive for quite some time).
Rex

Rex- I'll be out there for the Tripoli launch in 2 weeks. Maybe it will turn up there.

That's where my punisher ended up...tall grass back there.

given how the universe seems to work, it should turn up shortly...just ordered a replacement altimeter.
Rex

Can you order a replacement altimeter for my interceptor so that shows up too? :)

Looks like wind is going to blow in that direction for the Tripoli launch, so people should be out in the area your rocket is presumably hiding. Hopefully it turns up!

I think that according to Finagle's law*, it only applies if the owner buys the replacement :). thanks Gary...I would strongly suggest insect repellent for anyone searching for rockets, once one gets out of the wind the mosquitos are brutal(or at least they were)
Rex
*Finagle's Law: The perversity of the universe always tends toward a maximum.

Back