The best band / musician / group of all tim e is ...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;6yQocwGd_SA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQocwGd_SA[/video]

That one is good, I like this one better. I think he got it exactly right.

[video=youtube;oPfZVflJdp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPfZVflJdp0[/video]

Sorry the correct answer is: :wink: (but you have to have hearing in the 60's to know this list)

Drummer:
Hal Blaine

Guitar:
Tommy Tedesco
Glen Campbell (tied with above)

Bass:
Carol Kaye

Keyboards:
Leon Russell

Sorry the correct answer is: :wink: (but you have to have hearing in the 60's to know this list)

Drummer:
Hal Blaine

Guitar:
Tommy Tedesco

Bass:
Carol Kaye

Keyboards:
Leon Russell

Anyone that doesn't recognize all of the above names needs to watch The Wrecking Crew documentary (it is on Netflix). Anyone who recognizes all of those names should also watch it! :)

Drummer:
Hal Blaine

Guitar:
Tommy Tedesco

Bass:
Carol Kaye

Keyboards:
Leon Russell

You wreck me, baby.

Drummer:
Neil Peart
John Bonham
Keith Moon
Dave Grohl

Guitar:
Jimi Hendrix
David Gilmore
SRV
Eric Clapton
Carlos Santana
Joe Bonamassa
In time people will accept this, John Rezeznik (Goo Goo Dolls) If you ever try to play his songs you'd understand

Bass:
Les Claypool
John Entwistle
Geezer Butler
Jaco Pastorius

Keyboards:
Rick Wakeman
Keith Emerson
Elton John
Jon Lord

Banjo:
I have to copy Bat-Mites list on this one

Rap:
Dr. Dre
Eminem
Run DMC
Beastie Boys

Singer:
Too Many

Reznik is interesting and difficult because he has no traditional guitar training- just about every song is in an alternate tuning.

I recently found out about Justin Johnson. Love that 3-string shovel guitar.

Ok, by musical instrument.

Bass:
Billy Sheehan
Stanley Clarke
Michael Manring
Alain Caron
Hadrian Feraud

Drums:
Terry Bozzio
Chad Wackerman
Vinny Coliuta
Mike Mangini
Mike Portnoy

Guitar:
Randy Rhoads
Steve Vai
John Petrucci
Yngwie Malmsteen
Tony MacAlpine

Keyboards:
Jens Johansson
Jordan Rudess
Keith Emerson
Rick Wakeman

Male singers:
Ronnie Dio
Young Geoff Tate
Steve Perry
Freddy Mercury
Dennis Deyoung

Female singers:
Floor Jansen
Pat Benatar
Sara Brightman

HoogieBoogieLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........AAAAA.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!

ssixsixsix

HoogieBoogieLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........AAAAA.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND!

ssixsixsix

Thanks, six... Now THAT song will be going through my head all day tomorrow at my chess tournament... I'm the middle of all that silence, suddenly it'll be there....

Of all time is tough to pin any one band to. Halestorm is one of the best in this era. Beatles, Who, Cream for the 60's. Zeppelin, Lyynyrd Skynyrd KISS 70's.

Antonio Vivaldi, Four Seasons if I get only one traditional album on a deserted island. Has anybody else even heard of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, not too mention Asleep at the Wheel??

Yes (with Rick Wakeman)
ELP
Genesis (when they had Steve Hackett... afterwards it was all elevator music)
Moody Blues (the late 60's orchestral stuff i.e. Days of Futures Past)
Michael Oldfield
Simon & Garfunkel
Pink Floyd
Smashing Pumpkins
Nirvana
Stones
Beatles
Chuck Berry (the alpha sound...)
Stravinsky

Criteria:
o Originality
o Musicianship
o The intangible way that it makes you feel when you hear them... and that is why your choice of music is more of a religion than a rational decision.

Back