Launch of Apollo 11 - July 16 1969

Most of the engineering enabling this being done with these:

http://sliderulemuseum.com/Pickett.htm

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." - Will Rogers

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

I'm nearly done reading through this, which I got about a week ago but haven't been able to spend much time with. It's a great description of all the engines and sections of the rocket. The F-1 description an explanation alone was worth the price of the book.

All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and unlimited power.
    Estes ROCKS!
    Voted #266,917th Best Rocket Builder of the Year - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mushtang View Post
    I'm nearly done reading through this, which I got about a week ago but haven't been able to spend much time with. It's a great description of all the engines and sections of the rocket. The F-1 description an explanation alone was worth the price of the book.

Thanks for reminding me about that and providing your opinion of it! I'd meant to buy it and forgot. I already own the Mighty Saturns DVD sets for the V and I which are great although much of their content is on YouTube. Most fascinating to me are the quarterly progress reports. What a GARGANTUAN effort! Just the infrastructure alone that needed to be built was incredible.

Saturn V program quarterly reports:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...turn+V+reports
    "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." - Will Rogers

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Thanks for reminding me about that and providing your opinion of it! I'd meant to buy it and forgot. I already own the Mighty Saturns DVD sets for the V and I which are great although much of their content is on YouTube. Most fascinating to me are the quarterly progress reports. What a GARGANTUAN effort! Just the infrastructure alone that needed to be built was incredible.

Saturn V program quarterly reports:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...turn+V+reports
    I love those DVDs, I've watch them several times. I was too young to have ever seen a Saturn V launch in person (born in 1968) but I'm hoping to make it to a Falcon Heavy someday.

The Haynes book I mentioned was written by David Woods, the same guy that wrote the book How Apollo Flew To The Moon, and if you haven't read it either then I can't suggest it highly enough. It goes though not only the rocket details but also into procedures and explains why things were done the way they were in a great way.

All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and unlimited power.
    Estes ROCKS!
    Voted #266,917th Best Rocket Builder of the Year - 2012