Anyone else having a hard time with RUST-OLEUM caps?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrkennedy2

Reaction score
Anyone else having a hard time with RUST-OLEUM nozzles & caps? I keep breaking the nozzles off when I try to remove the cap. I can take them back to the big-box store and they exchange them but I'd rather spend less time driving. I just do not remember having this much breakage. Then again, the old nozzles were removable. These are not and break at the stem when they get too much force on them, apparently.

I have a Madcow Mirage that is awaiting primer, 2 full cans of "2in1 Filler & Sandable Primer" and NO WAY TO DISPENSE! :facepalm:

If you squeeze the two indentations on top of the lid, it comes right off leaving the nozzle attached and ready to spray.

If you squeeze the two indentations on top of the lid, it comes right off leaving the nozzle attached and ready to spray.

I guess I developed a bad habit over the years of holding the can with both hands and using 2 thumbs to pop the lid off from 1 side's indentation. After the first opening it would open easier and I could do it rather straight-off. Since RO's decision to lock the nozzle in place that first opening has bee a disaster. It also makes it hard to soak a used nozzle in thinner to clean it up.

Thank you for reminding me! I will try with my replacements, both indentations.

I have numerous cans of new RO and all the nozzles come off easily.

Back