• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Aerotech 38/1320 Complete Hardware and J510 RMS Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, I have no use for this in any of my rockets, not sure why I even bought it. The way I see it unless you are doing minimum diameter or only have a 38mm mount you may as well up to a 54mm. I purchased both at LDRS this year from Chris' Rocketry for $240 total. The RMS is opened and loaded into the case and has been stored in a temp and humidity controlled fire safe. I would prefer to sell them both for $210 plus free delivery but would consider separating the motor but not the case. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions or interest. I plan on attending BALLS and probably AIRFEST and MWP and can deliver there if you would like.

thanks for the interest!

Last edited:
After learning that I can't ship hazmat without a license, I can only make delivery to a launch, payment when we exchange. BALLS AIRFEST MDRA and maybe Midwest power. Thanks!

If anyone is on the fence.... Man I love these motors....

14041097201_d7180ed17c_c.jpg
17722782578_00f97c8dcc_c.jpg

Thanks for the positive notes David! Now you've got me interested. At least I won't be disappointed if I don't sell them. I heard from someone else that the Loki 38/1200 case is awesome to play with as well, same as this just a tad smaller. I'll give it a month up here and then I'm going to ex my way into that casing!

Actually the Loki 38/1200 motors have more Newtons ;). There's two Ks you can stuff into it and larger Js than the AT J510w. All amazing motors to fly.

I know this is sort of unrelated, but are Loki motors considered EX motors? Can you fly them with a NAR membership? How many times can you re-use the nozzel?

Loki are certified. Nozzle life varies, but in general- many many times

The nozzle will outlast the case if it's for ex use. Typically they last until I blow them. A lot depends on the metals you're running. If you're running a high metal propellant like a white it will reduce the life and if you do not scrape it clean the slag will get so bad it becomes hard to remove and is useless. They say you get 20-25ish or so uses from them before a measurable difference in throat D (I have dozens of each nozzle size so Ive never gotten to this point on any given one [before I lose it]), but the only consequence is the throat gradually opens. If you keep the nozzle clean you can very easily sell them to [me] anyone in ex for half price if they're no longer in spec for commercial loads, we tend to like slightly larger throats anyway. Have fun and good luck on your L2!

Back