CMASS Acton Rocket Launch 22 July 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We have a launch scheduled for 22 July 2017 at the Acton School Street fields. As we don't have a rain date available from the town, the launch will proceed even if we are getting a bit of rain. By keeping an eye on the radar, we were able to get 143 flights in at the 08 July launch and clear off the field just before the rain started.

This is not a high-power field; we will have our usual ring of 11 pads set up with a six-foot 1010 rail available if your mid-power rocket requires that.

Jim Flis will have his Fliskits items with him. If you need something specific from him, please contact him ahead of time to be sure he brings it.

Jason will be there with the AMWProX store goodies. Again, if you're looking for something specific, call ahead.

Sign up for volunteer opportunities, LCO, Safety Check or lunch service. Please help out our guests where you can.

Let us know what you may be flying. Keep an eye on the weather and the website for any updates. Don't forget about our GO/NO GO hotline you can call on the morning of the launch, 857-24-CMASS (857-242-6277).

Hi Kenn,
If it is safe, I would like to fly a mid-power with an F20 engine and with a delay deployment. Last May it landed 1500 feet down range without a delay at Berwick. I'm asking because the field at Acton looks marginal for mid-power, based on Google Earth measurements.

Hi Kenn,
If it is safe, I would like to fly a mid-power with an F20 engine and with a delay deployment. Last May it landed 1500 feet down range without a delay at Berwick. I'm asking because the field at Acton looks marginal for mid-power, based on Google Earth measurements.

A lot will depend on the conditions at the field (and above it) at the time. Wind direction plays a big factor in Acton.
Could you please clarify the with and without delay deployment you mention? Are you talking about the Aerotech single use F20 motor?

Mrs. N00b and I will be there and I'll be flying plenty of LPR. May even have a couple new ones to launch. That paint booth I built has really upped my production.

I would like to try out my Jolly Logic Chute Release. The Berwick flight was 100 % parachute at ejection. Where at the field do you usually set-up the launchers? I will be using an Aerotech Single Use F20 motor.

Back