Vintage Centuri Space Shuttle Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scorching is minimal. A slight discoloration from the carbon deposits is all I remember.

Question: What is the best size engine to use for a first launch of one of these?

I am really interested in trying to build one of these, and I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on what to use for a first launch?

Been busy but I finally finished up the build, the decals took forever. Applying old decals can be a challenge and do not go on as well as newer decals, but sure looks vintage with old decals. I followed Estes directions and the pre scribed rivet lines really helped in applying the decals. The decals kept breaking, but they still went on. After the decals were all dried I sprayed Testors dullcote for a finish.

DSC_0262 (1024x990).jpg

DSC_0264 (1024x1017).jpg

DSC_0267 (1024x1018).jpg

DSC_0273 (1024x457).jpg

DSC_0278 (1024x681).jpg

DSC_0281 (1024x454).jpg

DSC_0285 (1024x681).jpg

Been busy but I finally finished up the build, the decals took forever. Applying old decals can be a challenge and do not go on as well as newer decals, but sure looks vintage with old decals. I followed Estes directions and the pre scribed rivet lines really helped in applying the decals. The decals kept breaking, but they still went on. After the decals were all dried I sprayed Testors dullcote for a finish.

Two beautifully crafted kits!

Back