Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 46 of 46
  1. #31
    Join Date
    10th July 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,468
    I'll stop by, as long as there aren't any actual pythons there.
    Chicken!

    TRA 13430, Level 3

    "Everybody's simulation model is guilty until proven innocent" (Thomas H. Lawrence 1994)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    13th August 2014
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    Just an update- my Punisher at MWP shredded around 8k feet, due to the motor being too much for the airframe (RRC3 is telling me it hit mach 2+, which seems crazy to me). The main chute was reduced to a pile of fabric scraps, and the rocket was basically destroyed as it crashed to the earth.

    But the Liquid Fyre shroud+ camera holder survived without a scratch! And got perfect video (As best as you can get in those circumstances)!
    Please post this video when you have a chance.

    -Brian Schwartz
    LiquidFyre Rocketry
    https://www.LiquidFyre-Rocketry.com
    TRA #15327 L2



    If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenex View Post
    Please post this video when you have a chance.
    here:

    you can see the rocket did something funky before it hit apogee. My guess is either drag separation or a shred of some sort. Or both
    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    L3- 11/3/2017 Wildman V2 6" - M1780NT
    Woosh
    QCRS

  4. #34
    Join Date
    13th June 2014
    Location
    Cocoa Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,783
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    you can see the rocket did something funky before it hit apogee. My guess is either drag separation or a shred of some sort. Or both
    Too bad your camera wasn't aimed down!
    Tim
    L3 NAR 98225

  5. #35
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by timbucktoo View Post
    Too bad your camera wasn't aimed down!
    Two fins got ripped off my rocket along with the fiberglass between them. The drogue was missing (other than it's shroud lines), and the main (30" recon) was all ripped up. Thought at first it was a motor cato (as it was an EX motor), but the EX motor case is fine- no burns, ruptures, or whatever. CZTeacherman thinks that when the rocket crashed the last time (popped two fins loose) that maybe it had some fg wall or centering ring damage that I didn't notice, but was weakened. I can believe this. The important thing is that it was a cool up part of the video, and I probably should make that motor again
    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    L3- 11/3/2017 Wildman V2 6" - M1780NT
    Woosh
    QCRS

  6. #36
    Join Date
    13th August 2014
    Posts
    827
    Due to a significant and on going family medical emergency the production of all LiquidFyre Rocketry products will be on hold. This includes all of the new Mobius Mini product. Further I have a limited stock of 808 and Mobius product that I will be able to ship. If you need something please email before placing an order to verify stock. I currently intend to get everything back up and going as soon as possible but do not know how long that will take. Please bare with us. If you need to cancel an existing order please email info@liquidfyre-rocketry.com and I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

    Thanks for your patience
    -Brian Schwartz
    LiquidFyre Rocketry
    https://www.LiquidFyre-Rocketry.com
    TRA #15327 L2



    If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    23rd July 2011
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    2,720
    Take care of your family. Nothing else is very important.
    Steve Shannon
    L3CC, TAP, Director, Tripoli Rocketry Association

  8. #38
    Join Date
    9th March 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Take care of your family. Nothing else is very important.
    +1

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Rocketry Forum mobile app

  9. #39
    Join Date
    30th April 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO.
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    Just an update- my Punisher at MWP shredded around 8k feet, due to the motor being too much for the airframe (RRC3 is telling me it hit mach 2+, which seems crazy to me). The main chute was reduced to a pile of fabric scraps, and the rocket was basically destroyed as it crashed to the earth.

    But the Liquid Fyre shroud+ camera holder survived without a scratch! And got perfect video (As best as you can get in those circumstances)!
    based on some rough numbers, mach 2 is possible... I counted ~3.5-4 sec to your estimated 8k... That gives a range of M1.7 to 2.0.... COOL
    Mike Walsh
    NAR L3 - 07/27/2013

  10. #40
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwalsh85 View Post
    based on some rough numbers, mach 2 is possible... I counted ~3.5-4 sec to your estimated 8k... That gives a range of M1.7 to 2.0.... COOL
    So the answer is... not fast enough! But that explains why it shredded.. I had done some repairs on it earlier, and I think it had more internal damage than originally suspected. Either way, I guess my EX motor was one heck of an L motor...

    More importantly- Ravenex- I hope everything goes well with you and your family.
    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    L3- 11/3/2017 Wildman V2 6" - M1780NT
    Woosh
    QCRS

  11. #41
    Join Date
    14th August 2014
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenex View Post
    Due to a significant and on going family medical emergency the production of all LiquidFyre Rocketry products will be on hold. This includes all of the new Mobius Mini product. Further I have a limited stock of 808 and Mobius product that I will be able to ship. If you need something please email before placing an order to verify stock. I currently intend to get everything back up and going as soon as possible but do not know how long that will take. Please bare with us. If you need to cancel an existing order please email info@liquidfyre-rocketry.com and I will try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

    Thanks for your patience
    Hope things are getting better on the medical emergency front. An update on production restart would be appreciated.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash-n-Burn View Post
    Hope things are getting better on the medical emergency front.
    +1- was thinking about you and your family lately, and hope everything is improving
    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    L3- 11/3/2017 Wildman V2 6" - M1780NT
    Woosh
    QCRS

  13. #43
    Join Date
    7th July 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,625
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    +1- was thinking about you and your family lately, and hope everything is improving
    +2.
    Michael Pitfield
    TRA 14579 L2
    NAPAS BoD
    URRG
    MARS
    CRC

  14. #44
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    2,538
    I'm guessing it's probably related to this:

    http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthr...59#post1784759

    @Schwartz family- you are in my thoughts....
    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    L3- 11/3/2017 Wildman V2 6" - M1780NT
    Woosh
    QCRS

  15. #45
    Join Date
    11th April 2017
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    767
    Please tell me you are uploading that video somewhere!!
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    Just an update- my Punisher at MWP shredded around 8k feet, due to the motor being too much for the airframe (RRC3 is telling me it hit mach 2+, which seems crazy to me). The main chute was reduced to a pile of fabric scraps, and the rocket was basically destroyed as it crashed to the earth.

    But the Liquid Fyre shroud+ camera holder survived without a scratch! And got perfect video (As best as you can get in those circumstances)!
    Reasonably new to rocketry and hailing from the land down under.. I speak metric... I know not of these feet and inches you speak of...

    QRS: #193
    AMRS: #148

    AMRS L1 (2018-03-18 - Mk4 Rocket Propelled Companion Pod)

  16. #46
    Join Date
    27th July 2014
    Location
    south beloit, IL
    Posts
    2,538
    Quote Originally Posted by snrkl View Post
    Please tell me you are uploading that video somewhere!!
    it's post #33 in this thread

    NAR# 99285
    Tripoli# 16283
    L1- 4/26/2015 Madcow Cowabunga- H123SK
    L2- 11/1/2015 Wildman Darkstar 2.6- J355RL
    L3- 11/3/2017 Wildman V2 6" - M1780NT
    Woosh
    QCRS

Similar Threads

  1. LiquidFyre Rocketry Reviews
    By Ravenex in forum Product and Vendor Reviews
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th July 2017, 07:29 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 1st July 2017, 03:31 AM
  3. [For Sale] Rocketry Warehouse kits, Eggtimer rocketry electronics, Marshall telemetry tracker
    By jus_rockets in forum Yard Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 9th August 2016, 02:15 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th June 2016, 04:24 PM
  5. [For Sale] (SOLD) Magazines. High Power Rocketry, Extreme Rocketry, Rockets.... 57 in all
    By stuartshomepc in forum Yard Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28th January 2014, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •