E-matches on Amazon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
Are these no longer available from Amazon? I went searching for them and can't locate them anymore.

Bilusocn most likely shipped them illegally and Amazon probably booted them off. Either that, or they got busted. Lots available from China on eBay.

Which ones will work with A-F black powder motors and which ones will work with 18-24 mm composite motors

Which ones will work with A-F black powder motors and which ones will work with 18-24 mm composite motors

The e-matches typically have a tip on them about the size of a paper match head. Those are too wide to fit into the throat of a smaller motor. About the smallest I've used mine with are Estes F-15 motors (29 mm motor).

The e-matches typically have a tip on them about the size of a paper match head. Those are too wide to fit into the throat of a smaller motor. About the smallest I've used mine with are Estes F-15 motors (29 mm motor).

Although if I recall a Recent Thread About A Similar Topic, e-matches taped at the nozzle spark up and can ignite smaller BP motors.

Aerotech Firstfire Jr/Minis and Estes Sonic igniters fit in the smaller APCP motors.

(oop, Bat-mote got it first)

I just got some of these from e-bay. It took abut 3 weeks to ship from China, (free shipping), and the price was very reasonable. I tested 3 of these at random yesterday, 2 of them with an RRC2+ with a 4.1 volt li-poly battery. Very strong event from all of them. :)

Phil L.

Back