LOC Hi-Teck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPUTommy

Thrust cures All
Reaction score
Started building my 38 mm bird tonight, the spirals are all filled and sanded, have a few spots that need a bit more attention and hopefully tomorrow I can assemble and get the first coat of primer on it so I can yet, sand it again. I will upload pics tomorrow. Hopefully it will be compete by the upcoming weekend so I can fly it weather permitting 😁

I usually build heavier and over compensate with thrust. Did you need to add nose weight to yours? I have an H410 BEGGING to be burnt.

Build it light and try the H45 it was designed for. Makes a nice flight.

M

I agree whole heartedly :). Flew this combo in '93 or so and almost lost it after a terrific flight. Consider a Jolly Logic Chute Release if you ever go this route, or with any other beefy motor for that matter :cool:.

Just waiting for the epoxy to set on the fins, I was able to put internal filets on this and secure the fins to a point that i feel they are going no where, im going to do the filets and then a quick prime job to see what needs attention. Hopefully I can at least put the base coat on today, pics comming soon

I built a DD HiTech and didn't add any weight or say but stick an RTx in the nose - low thrust long burn H45 was marginal only Good for no wind say, but other standard H's no problem.

I've only had 1 flight so no experience other than the H45 which pushed the low thrust limit

I have a LOC MAGNUM already built, need my level 2 before I get that beast ready to fly, hopefully this Saturday I'll achieve my L2.

Been working and got a really decent side job that gives me some "discretionary" AP money.. hehehehehhe

Launched mine yesterday on a research H45 (7 sec burn, 290 N-s, fits 38/360 case). Good dual deploy flight, but still landed in the trees. Found with help from a tracker, but way in the top of a tree. The lowest part was about 50 feet from the ground. Still there :mad::( Even the string on crossbow bolt didn't work:(

Took me 6 days to complete this, Probably my most hacked paint job ever. I rushed it so that it would be ready in time for a launch this weekend all for it to be scrubbed. Go figure.. heheheeheh I used automotive paint, that cost me twice the cost of the rocket itself, and im disappointed with the results. Maybe painting in 80% humidity had something to do with it, or maybe it was the handle sprayer I was using for the 3 base coats. Or Maybe I just rushed it. Either way, There is always the NEXT project, that I will be calling the DEMON ! If your a mopar fan you'll understand my though process.
20170714_133003.jpgView attachment 32394120170714_133120.jpg

Attachments

• 20170714_173418.jpg
    20170714_173418.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 80
Can't tell the bad paint from the pics, I think it looks great. For the fligh line you'll never be able to tell

We should start a separate gallery for us mopar guys..

I love the name, and decals !!! Min dia 98... Id say the name fits..

I was thinking Mach Demon

I totally agree with you, the whole thing was rushed and I painted in 85% humidity, which we both know is a no no, my make shift spray booth sucked, however, my goal is to qualify level 2, I have a 54mm waiting for assembly on my bench, my goal with that is to step up my finish game, I appreciate the honesty.

I totally agree with you, the whole thing was rushed and I painted in 85% humidity, which we both know is a no no, my make shift spray booth sucked, however, my goal is to qualify level 2, I have a 54mm waiting for assembly on my bench, my goal with that is to step up my finish game, I appreciate the honesty.

Thanks for seeing it as that. You do outstanding work on your builds and finishing. I mean your fillets are the nicest I have I seen.

You will get your L2 soon enough and good luck and straight boost on that flight for you.:)

I get in the achieve the goal at all expense modes once in a while, the last one obviously, and as you probably know being your own worst critic is tough, I admire the others who see what I see and call it the same way I do. That's priceless

Back