Is TLP still in business???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff278

Reaction score
Hey to all.
Just getting back into rocketry and looks like The Launch Pad is for sale, I really like their kits but cant find any, my question is are they gone for good???

Thanks!!

Been some threads on here about TLP recently. I don't have an answer for that.

Sirius rocketry had a few TLP kits still in stock last I looked.

I thought they were temporarily defunct, but there was a guy at a launch couple weekends ago that swore he just got a Hawk from the website last month.

Go figure? There have been several threads about this, Mike is right.

The owner is ill and no longer able to manage the business.
It is for sale, no kits are being produced.
What ever you can find for sale by vendors is all there is.
Hopefully, someone will take it over and continue operations.
It's a Nitch market for us builders who doesn't demand instant completion.
Good luck in your quest for their kits.

Hopefully people are taking the time to scan the instructions, fin patterns, etc so people will be able to clone the kits in case TLP doesn't rebound.

I haven't actually looked but are there "accurate" Rocksim files for their kits?

I actually looked at the Openrocket and Rocksim libraries on RocketReviews. :) Accurate ? Don't know but if I use one these files I check weights and dimensions against what I built and modify accordingly anyway. And say "ataboy" or "atagirl" to the kind stranger who went to the trouble to build and post the file.

https://www.rocketreviews.com/openrocket-9776.html

https://www.rocketreviews.com/rocksim-7010.html

Dragonfly

Hellfire AGM-114A

I had some good luck and found 2 of the 3 kits I was looking for on Ebay. Just cool looking kits, I think.
and thanks samb for the links, their AWSOME!!!

Back