Do Estes igniters work on Klima motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
I have been using Klima motors here in Slovakia with the supplied fuse, but I'd like to try electrical ignition. I have some Klima electric igniters on order but am wondering if Estes igniters would work. Anyone tried this?

I don't know the exact composite mix in Klima, but I'd lean toward this not working very well with the new white-tip Estes.

Try some of those cheap Chinese ematches, they spit fire so you probably don't even need to touch the grain.

Estes igniters will work with Klima motors.
I use cheap Chines ematches and haven't had a single failure using them.

They work pretty well if you have a good 12v source and keep pouring in the juice. Wouldn't trust 'em with a cluster though.

That's been my experience. I've had no failures on a good 12v system.

Are we talking about the same kind of Estes igniters? I have the small igniters for C motors and the launch controller that uses 4 AA batteries. These igniters don't usually require a 12v system.

Found some Klima igniters so guess I'll just use those. The fuses do not seem particularly reliable, have had 2 failures with them.

Are we talking about the same kind of Estes igniters? I have the small igniters for C motors and the launch controller that uses 4 AA batteries. These igniters don't usually require a 12v system.

Found some Klima igniters so guess I'll just use those. The fuses do not seem particularly reliable, have had 2 failures with them.

They dont require 12V but they work better with it, especially the new style with no pyrogen on them.

Back