Tripoli Wisconsin- July 8

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't heard from the "Little One"...That must have been one killer Sugar Bun!
Dang-:surprised:

Well, I should get a chance to see her L-1 at Musky Mishy then! :headbang: (Hope your tum tum is feeling better.)

Still haven't heard from the "Little One"...That must have been one killer Sugar Bun!

Well, I should get a chance to see her L-1 at Musky Mishy then! :headbang: (Hope your tum tum is feeling better.)

I wasn't gonna tell Scott, but that was breakfast for my boys and I. We made it through without issues (though it had me rethinking eating the leftovers on Sunday morning!) Hope Sabrina's feeling better and get 'em next time!

Maybe this is why I've never had children- :sigh:

Someone :rolleyes: would have had a new shirt for the next launch...View attachment 323766

A nice new rocket wrap from Stickershock...

and, a ONE DAY "Sponsorship" from *Cinna-gut-bomb* (launch fees covered.)

Or, I'm going public with what you did too my kid! :rant:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There were a lot of upset people at the launch that I wasn't going to fly the turkey RIGHT NOW. Don't worry though- I already got a weight on it so I can do a proper thrust/weight ratio :)

Having seen that turkey how did you simulate that? CP calculation?

btw. did anyone find my Wildman Interceptor 54? It came in hot just north of the runway (but definitely south of the trees). Probably destroyed itself and made a large hole in the ground, but I'd like to see what's salvageable from it (esp the motor case). It's maroon with black fins, and has my name+number on a sticker near the bottom of it (assuming the sticker is still on it).

It's in a well trafficked area, so it'll hopefully turn up at the next woosh launch.

View attachment 323751

I saw that- it may have completely buried itself. Good luck finding it.

Having seen that turkey how did you simulate that? CP calculation?

Eric C says it flies good, so I take him at his word. To give him a little added incentive, I'll point the rail in his general direction before launching- that'll make the truth come out. :)

I think Alex left out Aerotech copper head whip on the low power rack. Keep and eye out for it, please.

Roberta and I found one attached to the leads when we went out there (on one of rods on the right end side). We took it off and set it on the board that the rods were on, but I wonder if it fell off when they put the equipment away. Might still be out there on the runway?

It's is now a little after 9pm here in Malfunction Junction...(8pm Central) and, still no word-

Nothing from Gary about the flight of the Prototype Wildman Demon 150...
Nothing from Sabrina about her Cert. attempt...

I'm thinking the rumors are TRUE! A *GIANT* HODAG has come out of the swamp and, eaten all my friends. :surprised:
I will miss them all. :sigh:
Midwest Power will be sooooooo lonely this year with the loss of all my TWA friends...:cry:

Darn Hodag! :sigh:

Demon 150 maiden flight at WHOOSH Launch later this month.

was just thinking- I should get a metal detector :)

I have been flying at Bong for about twenty years. About a year or two after I started flying there a guy who no longer flies out there had a Shadow Raven (38mm carbon screamer- beautiful little rocket) on a Kosdon J1500. He was using an Altacc, and something went wrong and it came in ballistic. I helped him find that. Only thing sticking out of the ground was the fins. You know me, and I could not pull this out of the ground so a shovel was procured. He dug it out, cleaned off the dirt, figured out what happened, reprepped it, and flew it successfully a couple hours later. I wonder what the altimeter read...

Eric C says it flies good, so I take him at his word. To give him a little added incentive, I'll point the rail in his general direction before launching- that'll make the truth come out. :)

So I actually did sim the thing before it flew the first time. The head of the turkey has a bit of ballast; it actually flies better/straighter than most conventional rockets I see.:cool:

Propulsive Poultry came about when Midwest Power was delayed a month due to crops. I used to fly pumpkins at night every year...with the delay that year, the turkey made more sense than pumpkins due to the Halloween - Thanksgiving timeframes. Successful flights on Kosdon J480 Fast, two I284W's, and a Sconnie J335 White so far. Looking forward to future flights!:)

Congrats Justin! When is she going to fly her first Alpha? :)

Congrats on the little rocketeer! I hope you gave your wife a good 5 second countdown before she launched her out.

Hmm...how many Newtons of thrust are needed to push a baby out? :-D

Congrats on the little rocketeer! I hope you gave your wife a good 5 second countdown before she launched her out.

The real question is- was it called as a "heads up" or "first flight"?

Congrats to you and your Wife Justin! 😀😀😀

Congratulations Justin. Miki says he is so sweat. She's thinking did I close the quick link.

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and, your wife Justin! :D

I just have this weird vision that years from now- A certain father/daughter combination will be over enunciating every word so clear and, concisely at a rocket launch while prepping an Estes Alpha.
That I will never stop laughing...:rolleyes:

"It sounded like a Radio Spot was going on over there!":lol:

Don't worry - I survived :smile:.

I'm looking forward to seeing you again in Michigan. Should be a fun launch. I plan to launch a few on Saturday and scope-out the launch site and the vendors. Saturday night - that's my time to shine :facepalm: - got at least one new night rocket to add to the ones from MWP.

Sunday - Planning to attempt Jr L1 again with my Aerotech Mirage. - Dad says I should dig my Wildman Darkstar Jr out of the Build Pile (photo) and put it together as a back-up plan just in case. We are also sticking around for Monday to make sure we get enough launch time.

-See you then.

2017-07-11 22.05.06.jpg

7/8... a great day to have a birthday! Our daughters have that in common. :)

Did somebody say baby? I LOVE babies!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Congrats!!!!

That baby should probably be big enough to bring to a launch by the time MWP rolls around ! ;)

16299498_10206193943567811_6651001980644077045_n.jpg

Back