Software for L3 documentation help asked here?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksaves2

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,

I'm trolling for pointers as to how to learn a software suite so I can do L3 documentation, pictures and perhaps click on some pictures that lead to a video on construction I took many moons ago.
Looking for recommendations. I do have Windows Office and Open Office (O.O. on Linux platform). Stupidhead here never learned spreadsheets or video processing. I'd like to be able to put all the documentation
on a DVD, open the DVD and bam, read what's written and click on the videos to watch and go back to what's written. Doable?

For one who is isolated would be easy to send DVD to "outlying" TAPS for perusal. Kurt Savegnago

I'm not done yet. I'm still adding figures, so I just call them xx until they're all in. Gotta find free time again this summer to finish my build. I'm so close.

Ok,

I'm trolling for pointers as to how to learn a software suite so I can do L3 documentation, pictures and perhaps click on some pictures that lead to a video on construction I took many moons ago.
Looking for recommendations. I do have Windows Office and Open Office (O.O. on Linux platform). Stupidhead here never learned spreadsheets or video processing. I'd like to be able to put all the documentation
on a DVD, open the DVD and bam, read what's written and click on the videos to watch and go back to what's written. Doable?

For one who is isolated would be easy to send DVD to "outlying" TAPS for perusal. Kurt Savegnago

Easily doable. The easiest way is to move all the files/media that you'll reference into a single folder dedicated to the project and either put it together using a word processor, presentation package, or website creator, depending on the look you want to achieve and depending on what tools your target viewers will have. A web page is probably the most portable. Add links to your media, save it as an HTML or PDF file and copy to DVD. When you're done test it with a different computer.
Just pick a tool you're familiar with.

Steve Shannon

Too much information!
The package needs to be able to be viewed in the field, with no internet connection. Without a computer.

Last edited:
A 36" chute and 8 m/s?
That would be for about 2 pounds
Disregard, I see that is a smaller rocket

Back