Open Rocket - printing more that 2 transitions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fulldec

Reaction score
I cannot get OR to show more than 2 transition templates in the Design Report. I am designing an egg capsule composed of 4 cardstock transition elements, nose, body tubes, and transition to the BT-20. The Body Tube sections are cylindrical transitions. Those are the ones that do not show up (sometimes 1 shows up, but not both). Through the design iterations, sometimes 3 of the 4 transition templates show up, sometimes only 2.

Am using 15.03 on a Mac.

Attached is a typical problem file.

Is there a setting, or limitation I am missing in OR? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

View attachment Eggloft cardstock B Alt rev 3.ork

Please go to the github repository for OpenRocket and submit an issue, one of the developers will look at it before we release the next version. Attach your design file to the issue, I think you will have to change the file extension from ork to txt.

I don't know exactly what is going on. The exported PDF was showing the larger straight transition but not the smaller one. I changed the "aft diameter" on the smaller one from automatic to 1.811" and it works now. At least for me.

Here ya go:

View attachment 323062

View attachment 323063

Ok, thanks for the fix to the file. Now I know what to try tweaking in the future if I have this problem.

Don

Please go to the github repository for OpenRocket and submit an issue, one of the developers will look at it before we release the next version. Attach your design file to the issue, I think you will have to change the file extension from ork to txt.

Ok, done.

Don

Back