Spaceport America Cup

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JToddK

Vote Blutarsky for Senate
Reaction score
Real pride here as advisor for the BSLI team from THE Ohio State University in winning the 30K SRAD Solids event at the Spaceport America Cup competition this last week. These young people worked incredibly hard in the design and construction of their project. The only thing that sucks is that we lost the overall prize to the team from meatchicken (Michigan). Could have handled losing to MIT, Stanford, Yale and etc. but not them. :lol:

Congratulations to the team from up north but just wait til next year.

Todd Knight
TRA 9355
Advisor Buckeye Space Launch Initiative
The Ohio State University

Come on, you have let Michigan win something once in a while.

Go Buckeyes.

Come on, you have let Michigan win something once in a while.

Go Buckeyes.

I am not usually not "that guy" but growing up in central Ohio and going to OSU it is installed into my DNA.

I don't want them to win $2 on a $1 scratcher.

All kidding aside, their project was really strong as was all the teams.

Real pride here as advisor for the BSLI team from THE Ohio State University in winning the 30K SRAD Solids event at the Spaceport America Cup competition this last week. These young people worked incredibly hard in the design and construction of their project. The only thing that sucks is that we lost the overall prize to the team from meatchicken (Michigan). Could have handled losing to MIT, Stanford, Yale and etc. but not them. :lol:

Congratulations to the team from up north but just wait til next year.

Todd Knight
TRA 9355
Advisor Buckeye Space Launch Initiative
The Ohio State University

Huh, figured you'd be used to it by now.

Congrats from the Texas A&M sounding rocketry team! I watched the flight as well as talked to some of your teams members during the poster session on Tuesday, awesome work all around!

Congrats from the Texas A&M sounding rocketry team! I watched the flight as well as talked to some of your teams members during the poster session on Tuesday, awesome work all around!

Tripp,

Congratulations to your team as well. Placing that well in a complex division is quite an achievement. I have your team's webpage bookmarked, part of my spying routine to keep track of all the teams. So I am watching.:wink:

Todd

I had the opportunity to work with Todd and these students on the propulsion; had a great time and learned a few things myself. Looking forward to next year.......

The improvements to the event itself this year were substantial, they still have a little work to do but overall the difference was night and day compared to last year. I had a great time and am looking forward to 2018. I'm the motor guy from Southern Utah University. We had a beautiful flight and our payload came in 3rd so no complaints here.

The improvements to the event itself this year were substantial, they still have a little work to do but overall the difference was night and day compared to last year. I had a great time and am looking forward to 2018. I'm the motor guy from Southern Utah University. We had a beautiful flight and our payload came in 3rd so no complaints here.

I'm hoping there was no more BLM driving restriction madness. That was a royal pain.

Way to comeback after last year's incident!

I'm hoping there was no more BLM driving restriction madness. That was a royal pain.

This time the parking area was only a couple hundred feet away, and the unloading area was both larger and in a better location. No more bottleneck road going through the middle of base camp, or 2 mile walk to your vehicle. They also had a camping area, which my team took full advantage of. Saved a lot of time.

I took video of some of the launches, for those interested:

[video=youtube;ZC7iR2HGufE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC7iR2HGufE[/video]

Last edited:
This time the parking area was only a couple hundred feet away, and the unloading area was both larger and in a better location. No more bottleneck road going through the middle of base camp, or 2 mile walk to your vehicle. They also had a camping area, which my team took full advantage of. Saved a lot of time.

Hah! I remember picking up trekkers going to/from flight camp and parking (and being picked up myself a time or two).
Who doesn't like hiking a mile and a half to discover they left there keys at the tent?

Back