Light Foam Parasite BG's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoJuliet

Reaction score
I picked up these little guys at Hobby Lobby the other day just to see what they were like. While they glide great (with a paper clip added for nose weight), I think they're just a little too flimsy to hold up to boost, I do believe I can use them as the basis for balsa/light ply clones that would hold up.
Stay tuned in the weeks and months ahead to see what happens.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1498570073.639187.jpg

I've looked at those many times at HL, more for tossing around the living room while the missus was out than for launching though!:wink:

How is your other glider project going? The upscaled secret one...

I've looked at those many times at HL, more for tossing around the living room while the missus was out than for launching though!:wink:

How is your other glider project going? The upscaled secret one...

That was an upscaled Delta Katt that I entered into the "Classic Model" event at ECRM two weekends ago. It turned out OK, but not as well as it could have, or should have. I fought wet, humid weather to finally get it painted, but worse was that I used vinyl stickers instead of decals. I've never made my own decals, but will for any future contest models. Unfortunately it arced over during boost and separated over a field of 5' tall Rye grass and went straight in... Never to be seen again!

Back