Couple of new Rocket Videos - Hope you like 'em !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scsager

Slightly burned-out old guy
Reaction score
Didn't fly any rockets this weekend at BONG, but I did shoot some photos and videos. These are a bit different than the usual rocket videos... each about 2 minutes long. Hope you like them.

[YOUTUBE]cA_Dtd0Lyv0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0Qj6sB-ksnk[/YOUTUBE]

Didn't fly any rockets this weekend at BONG, but I did shoot some photos and videos. These are a bit different than the usual rocket videos... each about 2 minutes long. Hope you like them.

[YOUTUBE]cA_Dtd0Lyv0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0Qj6sB-ksnk[/YOUTUBE]

Excellent videos Scott!:D Sabrina L-1 "failure"? I promise you (ALL) I will be at the launch next month....
Had a mess to sort out this weekend back home.

Harley rocket vid; and that is one reason I wear blue jeans to Bong launches as armor :). nice videos thanks for sharing.
Rex

Excellent videos Scott!:D Sabrina L-1 "failure"? I promise you (ALL) I will be at the launch next month....
Had a mess to sort out this weekend back home.

No worries Gus! Sabrina used motor deploy and a Jolly Logic Chute release to keep the walk short in 15 mph winds. The chute release worked perfectly, but the chute never fully exited the air frame. Tumble recovery onto the road did some damage to the body and coupler, but we have all the necessary parts to fix it.

Next Launch @ Bong is Tripoli TWA on Saturday July 8. If she misses that one, Then we will be at NARAM-59 in Muskegon MI. on Sat/Sunday July 29/30. They have a night launch at NARAM that she is looking forward to.

Harley rocket vid; and that is one reason I wear blue jeans to Bong launches as armor :). nice videos thanks for sharing.
Rex

It's been a couple of years since I had to go that far for recovery. I've forgotten just how thorny and swampy it gets - Sherryl says I look like I was on the loosing-end of a knife fight. :shock:

2017-06-25 15.24.40.jpg

101 views on the "Sabrina Video Thingy" as of today! :point: :wave:

At least people look at YOUR You-tube account...:sigh: When i look at the statistics for my mine... i find that i'm only popular in Australia and, Sweden!

The Musky Mishey i can do...(only on Sunday though). Just ask Sabrina whether Uncle Gusser should go small or go large...

Her call, my propellant. :headbang:

101 views on the "Sabrina Video Thingy" as of today! :point: :wave:

At least people look at YOUR You-tube account...:sigh: When i look at the statistics for my mine... i find that i'm only popular in Australia and, Sweden!

The Musky Mishey i can do...(only on Sunday though). Just ask Sabrina whether Uncle Gusser should go small or go large...

Her call, my propellant. :headbang:

My dad puts up two rocket videos on YouTube, both are pretty good. (I think)

One of the videos gets many more views than the other one.

- Why?

The one with the most views... It has "Failure" in the title!!! :facepalm:
People are naturally curious. How could Sabrina, the WildChild, the Space Unicorn, Fail? Seems impossible -right? :wink:
Of course my video gets more views :cool:

Uncle Gus - It would be cool to see you at NARAM 59 on Sunday July 30th if you can make it. (my first NARAM too). 'Course that means you'll miss the Saturday night "SwampGas" night launch. I have a feeling there will be some awesome blinkin' rockets and illuminated RC rocket gliders to be seen.

So anyway - what are you kidding? - go BIGGGG!!!

Uncle Gus - It would be cool to see you at NARAM 59 on Sunday July 30th if you can make it. (my first NARAM too). 'Course that means you'll miss the Saturday night "SwampGas" night launch. I have a feeling there will be some awesome blinkin' rockets and illuminated RC rocket gliders to be seen.

So anyway - who are you kidding? - go BIGGGG!!!

Then it will be done...On Sunday i will be there with a rarely seen rocket dug out of the back of my expansive nursery of constantly being modified/fixed/upgraded misfit toys.

A rocket simply known as: "RAFAELLA GABRIELA SARSAPARILLA."

Here's the inspiration from my long lost youth- Back in the day when you ONLY had 4 channels on your TV (IF you lived in southeastern Vis-kon-son! :eek:)

https://youtu.be/koZFca8AkT0

Of course along the way i've lost my ability to differentiate the meaning between nouns, pronouns and, verbs...

Some days its just $#@% :rant: or %$@*!!!! :rant: BUT, (Opppps) you didn't hear that from me. :blush::rolleyes:

What a fun thread!

Great videos, Scott! Can't wait to see the successful cert at the TWA launch, Sabrina; looking forward to it!

Our arms looked like that after recovering the Esoteric at the TWA launch last month. The thing goes a measly 1500' and lands in Devil Trees. Scarred for life!

When at NARAM, beware of the Big Icky! I fear no launch site, alas I was humbled. A three mile roundtrip row through partially treated human waste is an adventure I'll never forget! You should be fine, just don't be the first "high flyer" of the day that learns that the wind is heading straight towards it! LOL.

Have fun guys, hope to see you at the Bong on the 8th!

What a fun thread!

Great videos, Scott! Can't wait to see the successful cert at the TWA launch, Sabrina; looking forward to it!

Our arms looked like that after recovering the Esoteric at the TWA launch last month. The thing goes a measly 1500' and lands in Devil Trees. Scarred for life!

When at NARAM, beware of the Big Icky! I fear no launch site, alas I was humbled. A three mile roundtrip row through partially treated human waste is an adventure I'll never forget! You should be fine, just don't be the first "high flyer" of the day that learns that the wind is heading straight towards it! LOL.

Have fun guys, hope to see you at the Bong on the 8th!

Hi Eric!

I remember reading about your "adventure" at NARAM 54. Thanks for the tip - we'll gladly "go-to-school' watching other folks test the winds, before we launch anything we can't risk loosing to the... pool. :facepalm:

It's been a couple of years since I had to go that far for recovery. I've forgotten just how thorny and swampy it gets - Sherryl says I look like I was on the loosing-end of a knife fight. :shock:

The first time I wore shorts makin hay, my legs very similar.
You only ware shorts...once.
Take good care of them wounds, you'd hate to loose one.

Thanks everyone :) for checking out my Jr L1 Fail video. It's at 160+ views after 4 days. Hopefully the next video (and flight) will be even better!!

Back