• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ozark Aerospace electronics package complete

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy F.

Reaction score
I have a electronics package I put together and then never flew. It's all Ozark Aerospace
one Tx-900G GPS transmitter s/n 044
one ARTS altimeter s/n B450
one ARTS2 altimeter s/n 1723
one Rx-900 GPS receiver s/n 039 (serial)
one Rx-900 GPS receiver s/n 050 (USB)
everything is tested and working fine, original packaging for most and original CD software.
Serial cable, USB cable, Data transfer cable, GPS antenna included, just add batteries. Mounted on 1/8 fiberglass sled for 5.5" EBay.
Make me and offer, you will be rewarded if it is reasonable.

ARTS_electronics_(back)[1].jpg

ARTS_electronics_(front)[1].jpg

ARTS_electronics_Rx[1].jpg

Last edited:
Boy, That was a mucho dinero investment in its day. I bought a setup used for nostalgia purposes but the price wasn't very much. It essentially is an EggFinder that can be integrated with the ARTs and ARTs II if desired. I found a serial to B/T dongle that
fits the DB9 socket on the receiver that will pipe the NMEA strings to a tablet for semi-portable use. In its day it was one of the few "no Ham license required" prospects for integrated GPS tracking that I think was out there before Greg Clark's 900Mhz
Beeline GPS tracker. The Arts stuff though can do telemetry from the altimeter or be run by itself as a tracker. Heady stuff 10 years ago. Oh, I tried to integrate an HC-06 B/T module with my DB9 receiver but failed to get it to work. B/T would help
with portability somewhat if having to go pedestrian mobile to track. The receiver is tuned to a particular tracker so unless one has a tracker on the same frequency as one of the receivers above, it wouldn't work. Best of luck selling it. I suspect
there might be a collector out there who will spring for this. I got my Mission Control v2 deployment altimeter that way. Four channels, whooopppeee! Kurt

Hey Jimmy.
You spent alot of money there.
I can't justify giving you a lowball offer,
Knowing what you spent.
Very Cool though.
What would you like for it?
Randy

Same. I'd love to have it for nostalgic reasons but it probably has more monetary value to you than nostalgic value to me.

Ok, I was offered a transmitter and a receiver with the serial DB9 connector for $100.00 and that's what I paid for my units. The tracker has a little more utility as mine came with an SMA socket I could use an interconnect to a bulkhead connector. I think one
could modify their unit pretty easily if they would like to have that option as opposed to a buried wire antenna. I have an ARTs II and found a GPS antenna on Ebay for $15.00. I failed at getting the receiver converted to B/T but I have a B/T Dongle that fits on the DB9 socket and works nonetheless. The Android program GPS Rocket Locator will work with it. That I've bench tested. One should be able to get one of the small Windows Tablets to work with it so the Telemetry program would be usable in a nice small package out in the field. It might be better if one has a tablet with a standard USB2.0 socket besides the micro-usb which is likely going to be occupied with an external battery. I think very usable as a tracker and it would give one
another slant/use if they happen to have an ARTs or ARTs II. In a larger rocket, it will be a useful tracker and yield some interesting data. I'd stick a patch antenna on the receive end to maximize the recovery of data. If you'd have to take the receiver/base out in the field to track the downed rocket, I'd have no reservation about plugging a 900Mhz Yagi into the base once the rocket was down for ground recovery to increase the ground footprint of the tracker. A Yagi on 900Mhz would be too hard to point accurately while the rocket is in flight due to the narrow beamwidth but is very usable once down. I've proven it helps stretch that footprint in actual testing. Kurt

Last edited:
Ooops, Pulled out my unit and it would be difficult to put an SMA socket on the transmitter as it is obvious to me now it was soldered on before the transmitter was soldered to the mainboard. Could be done from the topside with wires I guess and a socket or
just leave the wire antenna and go with that. Kurt

Bringing this one back to the top.
I will entertain lowball offers. The altimeters are great units and give fantastic data.
Buy this stuff just for the altimeters, and put the GPS in your collection of rocketry relics. :)
If somebody does not buy this stuff before our next local launch I am giving it all away there.

Back