N2000 in CTI 6GXL case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
I'm current trying to build an N2000 in a generation 1 CTI 6GXL case and it isn't going particularly well. It seems that the reload is one o-ring too long and I can't get both closures screwed in. Any suggestions? I have watched the AT 75mm crossloads video and assembled the motor using it, but it seems that did not help.

I'm current trying to build an N2000 in a generation 1 CTI 6GXL case and it isn't going particularly well. It seems that the reload is one o-ring too long and I can't get both closures screwed in. Any suggestions? I have watched the AT 75mm crossloads video and assembled the motor using it, but it seems that did not help.

Not sure on a fix, but they are not yet certified that way.

You still need the oring that goes inside the nozzle carrier, which is not supplied with the N2000.

Chris, I was not aware of that. When I load an Aerotech load in snap ring Hardware, I need that oring. Or at least I thought I did. I'm referring to 75mm. Are you telling me that even though I use the nozzle carrier, I don't need the internal oring?

Ok, I just watched the Aerotech crossload video. I find it strange that no internal nozzle carrier oring is required. I stand corrected......... again!

Ok, I just watched the Aerotech crossload video. I find it strange that no internal nozzle carrier oring is required. I stand corrected......... again!

The carrier is after the seal for the nozzle. There shouldn't be any gas passing the nozzle before the carrier

The carrier is after the seal for the nozzle. There shouldn't be any gas passing the nozzle before the carrier

"Shouldn't be" is the point. If we lived in a perfect world motors would never fail.
Jim asked me once about the inner o-ring. I said, "Why not?"
If a defective or nicked aft o-ring would leak the inner and outer o-rings of the nozzle holder would be easy insurance.
They are too cheap not to use them.
I install them on ALL AT reloads whether in a CTI or snap ring case.
Why not?

Back