Good 10x10 canopy for taking to a launch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing we struggled with was figuring out the best way to get the canopy folded and back in the carrying case with the frame. Our first instinct was to put the frame in the case, and then put the folded canopy in alongside it. We eventually got it in, but it seemed like we were missing an easier way. Anyone have any hints?

I have this exact model. I've found I can leave the canopy on the frame and 8t fits the bag pretty well. I know this is recommended against, but with some care then taking down and packing, this can be avoided easily. I wrap up the tie down lines in individual bundles at the corners (I use rubber bands). Then collapse the frame carefully and keep an eye on the canopy to avoid pinching. Tuck in any protruding folds of the canopy back into the frame. The bag is on right over the top and should fit on fairly easily. Flip the whole thing over to the feet are up, tuck the bag of stakes down into the frame, and zip the bag closed.

I've found the bag, handles and wheels to be fairly sturdy. I wouldn't ditch them right away. The wheeled bag is pretty nice. Good luck!

EZ Up only please.. You can find them on sale at Big 5. ..

I bought the Ozark Trail 10x10 for $41.95 a week ago at Walmart. The display said $59 but who am I to argue? :)
The canopy is pretty thin compared to what I was expecting but the frame looks like most others selling in the $100 range. I've used it and it was fine. The included short and wimpy tent stakes need to be replaced, but for the price, I'm pleased with it. I left the canopy on and it folded up and it stowed easily in the carry bag.

Used the canopy one more time during a block party a couple of weekends ago. Then, in the interest of being quick, we packed it up with the canopy still on. This past weekend I pulled the whole thing out of the bag and took the canopy off and repacked it. The trick, or at least what worked for me, was to fold the canopy several times until it was *almost* small enough to go in, and then do a roll-fold to get it the rest of the way there. Rolled up at the end like that, it was easy to keep the bundle nice and tight together, and then it was able to slide into the case alongside the frame without too much trouble. Success!

Lee, I don't know how you got that thing so cheap. I couldn't find it for less than the $89 listed on the website, and I checked it every few days to see if it was going on sale.

Lee, I don't know how you got that thing so cheap. I couldn't find it for less than the $89 listed on the website, and I checked it every few days to see if it was going on sale.

I know! I guess dumb luck, or ... maybe the Rocket Gods were looking after me. I'm thinking it's time to consider buying Lotto tickets again...

Back