• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

54mm CTI or AT cases

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noffie79

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 1G CTI or the AT 426 case with the small bore aft closure. If you have one, or both and willing to part with it, let me know. Thanks!

Dude,
Didn't I recently ask you if there was anything else you needed? Lol. I could have tossed it in with the Ventris and saved on shipping. :wink: I kid, I kid.
I have a Monster Motor 426 with a large opening closure. I'm not really wanting to sell it though. Not for a reasonable price anyway.
Why do you want the small hole? Doesn't the larger hole work for all nozzles? I'm asking, I really don't know.

I might have a CTI 2 grain plus spacer?
I'll PM you

Dude,
Didn't I recently ask you if there was anything else you needed? Lol. I could have tossed it in with the Ventris and saved on shipping. :wink: I kid, I kid.
I have a Monster Motor 426 with a large opening closure. I'm not really wanting to sell it though. Not for a reasonable price anyway.
Why do you want the small hole? Doesn't the larger hole work for all nozzles? I'm asking, I really don't know.
Hmm, I was under the impression that all of the 54/426 reloads required the small nozzle aft closure...?

All the 426 loads require small opening. Not interchangeable.

Ahh. Yes thanks for clarifying. Good to know. I thought I saw a thread some time back stating otherwise.

Well how the heck did I end up with this thing! Now I have to get a new closure. Grrr.

Originally the one grain reloads came with medusa nozzles, needed large hole closure, like all 54 loads.
Price of said nozzles went through the roof a couple years later.

AT started using regular nozzles for 38mm reloads like 1.25 @ vs 17.00 [Medusa multi hole] sooooo.....
rear closure re-configured for smaller 38 nozzle! Kept reloads from price increase of 20 bucks or so which would have put them out of market realistically.

PS.. I don't remember pricing exactly, but it was a drastic difference.

I found the needed CTI case. Anyone have an AT 54/426 case they're willing to part with?

Does anyone know if there is a use for small bore closures in 38mm AT? I bought a used set and it came with small bore (seller neglected to mention this). I was going to resell it if there's any use for them. Sorry for going a little off topic.

That closure works on most all re-loads [38mm] except the J-350 which has large nozzle.

I have several with small hole and use them regularly except for that load.
Every load in 360-240-480-600 case can use them and all except J-350 in 720 case.
At least all loads I fly......

Anyone else know other reloads requiring large hole closure in these cases?

Don't have a 1080 or 1320.

I have several with small hole and use them regularly except for that load.
Every load in 360-240-480-600 case can use them and all except J-350 in 720 case.
At least all loads I fly......

I435 (38/600) also uses the larger nozzle. Both the 1080 and 1320 cases use larger nozzles.
Others include the H699N (38/240), H999N (38/360), I1299N (38/480) and all loads for the 38/720

Last edited:
Just drill it out. I use a unibit. Grab a large nozzle and drill till it fits. Smaller nozzles can still be used in big holes.

I bought the 54mm spacer system to work with my longer cases. There just were not enough reloads to justify getting that size of case.

The smallest 54mm AT case I have is the 1706. I do have the spacer system, but I can't use 426 loads in that casing with the two spacers. This is for my AMW FiberMax, so I'm looking to save some aft weight and also save room for recovery gear. The motor mount is 9" so I definitely don't want a case to be any longer than that.

1320 with a J510W.... nothing to compare it to.... (though I know I used this closure with an I245g, H178DM , J500G and an I 600R)

14005572106_39c28040c0_b.jpg

Back