ACME inspired rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amsterdam

Reaction score
Thought some of you might like my latest scratch build.
its another mini engined backyard flyer.
I planned on just using a long stick for stability, but chickened out haha.

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

Looks very nice. I especially like the way you created the ropes.

The fins appear to have a grain oriented parallel to the rocket. That is very possibly a trick of the light or the fins may be plywood (I can't tell); could you clarify?
I ask as having such a grain direction weakens the fins to bending and could result in them breaking during flight.

On a separate note, would it be possible to launch with the stick going through a tube as a guide?

You're welcome. I used acyrilic craft paints mixed with elmers glue.

I will try adding glue to my acrylic paint next time I use it. I had some issues with adhesion when I did the steampunk rocket, though the issue may be an incompatibility with the material. (metal foil)

I will try adding glue to my acrylic paint next time I use it. I had some issues with adhesion when I did the steampunk rocket, though the issue may be an incompatibility with the material. (metal foil)

Its a trick i learned when i was painting ABS plastic. 40 glue / 60 paint ratio.

Very nice build. I love the firecracker/ 4th of July looking rockets. Heres one I made awhile back. The NC is the top off of a bird feeder that was a barn w/silo.

firecracker rocket.jpg

Joker tried to launch Batgirl on one of those: (classic Batman & Robin TV series, RIP Adam West)

https://www.oocities.org/area51/Labyrinth/8120/rocket.html

rocket3.jpg

Back