Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    JToddK is offline Vote Blutarsky for Senate
    Someone else forwarded this to me last night. The red and white rocket lifting off in the second picture was mine (M-2200 sparky that I couldn't fly at our home field). Kinda funny side note, the article focused a lot on the Oregon State University team. At the Spaceport America Cup this year they kept calling them the Ohio State University team (OSU and OSU), it bugged them a bunch, especially since we won. I was going to rename this rocket "THE Real OSU" for Sunday but they had already packed up. All in good fun.

Todd Knight
    Advisor for the BSLI team @The Ohio State University

Quote Originally Posted by Nytrunner View Post

That wouldn't happen to have been a sub-minimum diameter flying case by a certain Anonymous member would it?
    Well, yes it would. A5tr0 has been plotting to one-up my "most extreme L3 ever" for about 5 years now. He tried a few years back, but couldn't get the glue to dry in time (dodged a bullet there), but he finally got around to it this year. Well done.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimJarvis50 View Post
    Well, yes it would. A5tr0 has been plotting to one-up my "most extreme L3 ever" for about 5 years now. He tried a few years back, but couldn't get the glue to dry in time (dodged a bullet there), but he finally got around to it this year. Well done.

Jim
    Aha! I figured he had flown it already. From the way he's writing his build thread, it almost seems like he's intentionally avoided mentioning that the flight already took place successfully. Could have avoided several people raising concern over his high descent rate (and inquiries after what TAP signed off on it lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Nytrunner View Post
    Aha! I figured he had flown it already. From the way he's writing his build thread, it almost seems like he's intentionally avoided mentioning that the flight already took place successfully. Could have avoided several people raising concern over his high descent rate (and inquiries after what TAP signed off on it lol)
    Advice on communicating the results of the flight is not included in my fee.

Jim

Is there such a thing as "lost and found" for BALLS? My grandson lost a 54mm min diameter rocket "naked" in the natural green at XPRS the week before. I should have gone into the area where most of the BALLS landings occurred. It was his first high performance rocket and it flew to 26,989 on a CTI K300 on the previous flight. If anyone knows of a rocket like please let me know. Jonathan DuBose

Go to
    http://www.tripoligerlach.org
    Contact