ID this part

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
I recent received a photo of a part of one my future rockets. What rocket do you think they will be a part of?

image.jpgimage.jpg

Chuck

I have more pics to post latter. Look at the fin closer.

It is a full scale Nike Smoke. More to come soon. I plan to start building in 6-12 months.

Ummmm, Chuck, that was a bit too easy.

I'm actually someone who doesn't really know or care much about missiles/military/etc. type rockets, and I immediately said to myself "Nike Smoke fins" when I saw the picture. I honestly thought that it had to be a trick question, and that the answer was something more exotic or obscure that only someone who was an enthusiast of such things would get it. I even thought that "spill the beans" was some sort of "in the know" clue!

Anywho, the fact that it is full-scale escaped me........and that is WAY cool.
Would love to see this one fly. Post lots of pics and stories.

clear & windless skies,
s6

I actually meant to say Nike Smoke instead of Nike Hercules. Brain fart.

So, will it have scale terminal effect?

I know it is a very easy rocket to identify, especially if you look at my signature.

Ummmm, Chuck, that was a bit too easy.

I'm actually someone who doesn't really know or care much about missiles/military/etc. type rockets, and I immediately said to myself "Nike Smoke fins" when I saw the picture. I honestly thought that it had to be a trick question, and that the answer was something more exotic or obscure that only someone who was an enthusiast of such things would get it. I even thought that "spill the beans" was some sort of "in the know" clue!

Anywho, the fact that it is full-scale escaped me........and that is WAY cool.
Would love to see this one fly. Post lots of pics and stories.

clear & windless skies,
s6

same here..

though t it might have been an upscale of the TLP "Standard Missile"

I am debating on making the fins as a bolt on for transport.

Not my molds. I will post in the future where to buy this rocket.

Chuck, if I recall the size of this beast correctly, I think your idea of making the fins removable, or a removable fin can makes sense.

Back