Tri-Cities Rocketeers June Swoosh 2017, 3 day launch June 16th-18th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Just a heads up for everyone, the TriCities Rocketeers NAR Section #736 will be holding our annual 3 day launch June 16th-18th (weather permitting of course) so mark it on your calendars. We will post more information after the June Club Meeting when plans are fully finalized, but mark us on the calendar and come fly at the Sod Farm! Its an awesome venue with motors up to L-impulse and waiver to 10,000 ft.

https://www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/

Here's the official announcement....

The Tri Cities Rocketeers will be holding our next launch of 2017 on the afternoon of Friday June 16th through Sunday June 18th. We will have a 10,000 foot waiver in place limited to L impulse open from 10am-5pm.

If you plan to fly an any rocket that might approach the limit of our waiver, we would ask that you provide sim data that will show us that the rocket will not break the waiver.

We have implemented a liability waiver policy. All event attendees (flyers and spectators, including children) must now have a signed liability waiver on file.
You can download the waiver here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-liability-waiver-form.html

Please also note our enhanced safety policies as well. You can read them here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-enhanced-safety-measures.html

Dry camping is allowed at our site if you would like to come early. Here is an overhead view of our site with camping area marked: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/birds-eye-view-of-the-range.html

You can visit the page on our website with our "address" to aid in locating our launch site here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/launch-site-directions.html

Sparky motors are allowed.

Please keep an eye on our website and the mailing lists and our forum for launch updates. No news is good news, which means I will only make a cancellation announcement if poor weather is expected. If the launch is cancelled, the announcement will be made at least 24 hours in advance.

If you would like to become a TCR member, the annual cost is only $10.00 and is good for our "fiscal" year from April 1st through March 31st. All proceeds go towards maintaining and improving the equipment necessary to provide a better launch experience.

Hope to see you at the sod farm!

Any motor vendors planning on heading that way? I'm nicely stocked for the launch, but appreciate the opportunities for impulse buys.

Any motor vendors planning on heading that way? I'm nicely stocked for the launch, but appreciate the opportunities for impulse buys.

I will verify tonight, but I believe Don Johnson of Chehalis (?) Hobbies is going to be there Friday and Saturday. Tonight is the monthly club meeting and BoD meeting.

Just got back from the club meeting, its looking like Friday will be FAR101 flights only due to the predicted winds and sod farm operations (we dont want to be dropping HPR birds on the workers), if winds exceed 20mph per NAR safety rules we will have to cease flying. We do have an portable weather station with wind speed measurement to verify winds. Saturday is looking great for flying and Sunday even more so. Range setup will start about 11am on Friday and we will fly as much during the entire weekend as possible, during times when the waiver is closed we will fly FAR101 rules.

Vendors, looks like we have the possibility of two (if it happens) one will be on site Friday and Saturday (Don) and possibly on Saturday Bob from Sunriver may join us. Don has confirmed via the RocketsNW mailing list his plans.

Last edited:
....appreciate the opportunities for impulse buys.

No pun intended, of course :)

I'm not surprised about the wind. As we've been making our way back from NM it has been WINDY everywhere, though it's pretty calm at the moment here in Green River, WY.

I'll be doing the BEMRC launch on Saturday so won't be over to the sod farm, unfortunately.

We will miss you and your wife Bernard. Saturday and Sunday should be perfect flying weather though.

Waiver is called in for Saturday and Sunday we are go for this weekend unless something unforeseen occurs. Friday will be FAR101 due to farm operations and expected 15-25mph winds.

Should be great, I'll be packing up tomorrow night and heading out early Saturday. Gonna bring lots of stuff to fly so I can fly past waiver hours.

This was a spectacular launch, thanks to TCR for all their work putting it on!

Thanks to all of our fliers, we had a great weekend and a tremendous event. Fridays weather blew, but Saturday and Sunday were perfect with average winds of less than 5 mph.

It was a great launch! It was great to finally meet you, Rich and Ryan!

Thank you to the entire TRC team for putting on a great event!

Here's the launch summed up in 36 1/2 minutes.

[video=youtube;VAooNzMRO_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAooNzMRO_w[/video]

Back