Duplicolor Engine enamel

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Today I painted my Jayhawk nose cone using Duplicolor Chevy Orange engine enamel.

Unless I'm losing it or I'm blind, but it seems I can't adjust fan spray direction like I can on their other enamel paints? I turned it both ways trying to adjust it, but their was no difference in the way it sprayed out of the nozzle. It's a lot easier to paint vertical when I hang the nose cone and have the fan spray in a "V" when you are looking down on it. I still have to cut in the black and wet sand the paint line, but I'll wait a week for it to completely dry. After which I'll shoot the clear and see how it looks.

20170603_135241.jpg

20170603_140741_HDR.jpg

20170603_141455_HDR.jpg

20170603_143917_HDR.jpg

20170603_144125_HDR.jpg

20170603_145803.jpg

20170603_150319.jpg

I read somewhere that the engine enamels spray a cone pattern as that paint is used to get in nooks & crannies.

I read somewhere that the engine enamels spray a cone pattern as that paint is used to get in nooks & crannies.

Okay glad someone clarified it. I'll be mindful when I paint the rest of the rocket. Sure makes a difference I tell ya. I thought about changing the nozzles out?

I'm assuming that's the go to paint for this kit. Only other orange I've seen was more like a pumpkin orange.

Looks good so far. I've used Duplicolor engine enamel but not for several years so I don't remember what the spray pattern was like.

Looks good so far. I've used Duplicolor engine enamel but not for several years so I don't remember what the spray pattern was like.

It's a cone pattern. It allows you to get the mooks and crannies, but on the more opn areas you don't get that nice level wet flow you normally would get with the other Duplicolor enamels. I was considering changing out nozzles but probably would paint myself in the process.

Back