Boyce Aerospace - Nike Zeus-B

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerostadt

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Boyce Aerospace offers a 3D printed Nike Zeus-B. The buyers needs to sand the ridges and grooves left over from the 3D printing. Primer and painting help. Decals are provided by the buyer.

IMG_4272.jpg IMG_4277.jpg

It separates right after the checkerboard pattern that is above the 2 fin sets. The first two stages are glued together. Conceivably, it could be made into a 2-stage rocket, but the first stage would probably not have a recovery system.

that is really cool!! how much sanding is required? I have been looking at their Nike Hercules but have heard a lot of sanding is required.

Bob....that is a great thread...I have been eyeballing the Nike Hercules that they sell....might just have to pull the trigger. I do build a lot of plastic model airplanes....sanding never one of my favorite things to do but to build a Nike Hercules in LPR it will be worth it I think! I sense a future build thread....

The Nike Zeus B is similar, but not the same as the Spartan. The Boyce Spartan is 3D printed and requires sanding and painting for a good finish. My decals came from Sticker Shock.

IMG_4272.jpg IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

Ooops put my post in the wrong place. Moderators, please pull this post.

Last edited:
Back