Specs for the 4" Wildman Multitronix Telemetry Nosecone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems odd to me. Wildman's 4" glass vk cone is about $70. The current also does not have a metal tip as far as I know, which would be better I think for this application.

This seems odd to me. Wildman's 4" glass vk cone is about $70. The current also does not have a metal tip as far as I know, which would be better I think for this application.

... well that's why I included the link so there would be no ambiguity in my query :wink:

Here are the spec's for 3.9" Wildman FWFG-VK Multitronix TelemetryPro Nosecone sold by MAC Performance Rocketry.

Mass is 728 grams WITHOUT the Multitronix transmitter installed.
Mass is 973 grams with the transmitter and CG is 12.6" from the tip with the transmitter installed.

The GPS antenna on the transmitter sits back a good distance from the metal tip on the nosecone. Consequently, the metal tip does not impact GPS reception. It is not a factor.

Here are the spec's for 3.9" Wildman FWFG-VK Multitronix TelemetryPro Nosecone sold by MAC Performance Rocketry.

Mass is 728 grams WITHOUT the Multitronix transmitter installed.
Mass is 973 grams with the transmitter and CG is 12.6" from the tip with the transmitter installed.

The GPS antenna on the transmitter sits back a good distance from the metal tip on the nosecone. Consequently, the metal tip does not impact GPS reception. It is not a factor.

Thank you sir, much appreciated!

Along another vein has anyone contacted multitronix about being a sponsor for Southern Thunder 2017? I think I have seen the TelemetryPro used only once or twice around here, but I'm confident folks would be interested. Please contact me if that is something you would be interested in, I have some materials I can send you. You may recognize this cover from ST2015 and here is a link: https://www.mc2rocketry.com/southern-thunder-2017

SR Cover 2.2016.jpg

Allen Hall (NAR #98014, Tripoli #16881)
Vice President & NAR Advisor
Music City Missile Club (NAR Section #589, Tripoli Prefecture #134)
[email protected]

Allen,

No one contacted me about Southern Thunder 2017. Looks like it is June 24-25. Sorry, but I will be at the NXRS launch in Oregon on those dates.

Vern

Allen,

No one contacted me about Southern Thunder 2017. Looks like it is June 24-25. Sorry, but I will be at the NXRS launch in Oregon on those dates.

Vern

Sorry, I'll make sure you get on the list for next year. If you just want to send something for the raffle that would work too. $50 donation of product or funds gets you on the sponsor banner. This year we are going to start posting the banner at every launch, all year, until ST2018.

Thank you sir, much appreciated!

Along another vein has anyone contacted multitronix about being a sponsor for Southern Thunder 2017? I think I have seen the TelemetryPro used only once or twice around here, but I'm confident folks would be interested. Please contact me if that is something you would be interested in, I have some materials I can send you. You may recognize this cover from ST2015 and here is a link: https://www.mc2rocketry.com/southern-thunder-2017

View attachment 321256

Allen Hall (NAR #98014, Tripoli #16881)
Vice President & NAR Advisor
Music City Missile Club (NAR Section #589, Tripoli Prefecture #134)
[email protected]

Allen,
It's Steve you did some rocsim work for me last year. I have "Kate" and about 1/2 dozen K through L motors that need to be launched. PM me, I might be able to make it for Southern Thunder. I also have 5 of the nose cones they are talking about in this thread.

Back