RockSim simulations running but never stop

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitfield

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a RockSim file (View attachment MAC BlackFly.rkt) that seems to be corrupt. Can someone download this and try to rerun the simulations? When I do this they never finish they just keep going and I have left them running for 20 min and they just never complete. Normally this is a 30 second deal so I am not sure what is going on. Other RS files appear to work fine and it appears to be isolated to this one file. Anyone witnessed this behavior before?

you have no simulations on the file, you need to save them in .ork

org.jpg

I make 1 with the first motor I found and it work well, of course, I need to adjust the delay :)

dd.jpg

Mike, I'll look into when I get home. If worse comes to worse, I can give you my Rocksim file for the Blackfly... :cool:

Unending simulation just means the rocket left earth's atmosphere and is drifting around in space.

Okay, carry on.

I make 1 with the first motor I found and it work well, of course, I need to adjust the delay :)

View attachment 321023

It looks like something funky happened to the file when you converted to to an OpenRocket file. The nosecone AV bay sub-assembly looks to be disconnected from the nosecone.

Mike, I'll look into when I get home. If worse comes to worse, I can give you my Rocksim file for the Blackfly... :cool:

LOL thanks Rick, BTW great NYPOWER pics, you happened to get one of mine.

Unending simulation just means the rocket left earth's atmosphere and is drifting around in space.

Okay, carry on.

I am going to go with this explanation as it has the most appeal to me, the first amateur Canadian in space...my wife does call me a space cadet!

Mike, I loaded your file in Rocksim on my tablet. It runs just fine, save for the couple of motors you'd chosen that I don't have loaded. Maybe the issue is your copy of the software? I wont presume to give you IT advice... :rolleyes:

Back