Insane Rocketry App?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conwayte

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the Insane Rocketry App? It seems like a pretty cool thing to try but I haven't seen a lot of discussion on the forums. I'd like to know how you installed the phone in the rocket and any general tips or tricks you have. I'm not looking at needing for recovery/tracking purposes--more interested in the telemetry features and video.
Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide!
Tim

I have looked at it, but never used it. It is talked about on The Rocketry Show frequently. It appears one would need a 3" - 4" rocket.

Very cool stuff!:cool:

I never heard of it until you posted this.
It's been advertised in some rocketry mags in the past. If one wants to experiment with launching an Android phone (looks like a used one would be O.K.)
could be fun in a large enough rocket. Cripes free is nice. One could download and screw around with it and delete it if they don't want to fly it. Kurt

Thanks for pointing me in Jason's direction. For the cost of a sim card and a pay as you go plan from T-Mobile it looks like I can get this going. There appears to be decent coverage at the launch field. I'll post back here if anyone is interested.

Hi. I'm building a Binderdesign Excel in order to use his app. I have a nexus 5x and it will fit perfectly in the av bay. I'll post some pictures when I have more of it together.

Hey nmartin, I'm building a Binder Design Lightning Bolt that I'm planning on using the app with. I have a Samsung blaze that should work. I'm quite a ways out from building it though. I'd love to see pics when you get yours done.

Some very interesting looking things going on there. Looks like your phone is resting on some shock absorber material? What are you doing for retention of the phone? I really like the looks of the camera "bubble". Very clever solution for video. Thanks for posting those pics.

The phone will be tie wrapped to those brown plastic slims. I got them at Lowe's. They tilt the phone down just a little. I'll post more pictures this week.

Back