Nike Smoke and the Great Flood

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyrfytr310

Reaction score
To claim or not to claim.... This is my L3 rocket. It has been significantly damaged by water due to a failed sump. Very sad day :

(ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1495893893.064140.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1495893964.624823.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1495893984.725153.jpg

We also lost all the carpet and padding in the basement but fortunately it didn't get to any of the electronics or furniture.

Now we get to play the insurance vs. builder vs. home warranty vs. self-pay game.

So sorry to hear of your troubles. What a terrible loss. I would be sick if that ever happened my Nike :(

I would claim it. I'm going through a hail damage claim right now. They even paid for broken squirrel baffles on the bird feeders and a grill cover. You pay them for the insurance, might as well get what you pay for.

It has been claimed. Insurance was willing to chip in a per hour labor cost based on the estimated one it took to build.

So now the question is what to build? I won't rebuild the Nike. Not my style to build the same thing multiple times despite my love for it. (It will become a non-flying display once I cosmetically repair). I'm thinking a 2-stager.

Or maybe a short and stubby thumper with a central 98mm and 54mm around it?

That thought has crossed my mind. No matter what, it will be a cluster or staged design as my experience in complex configurations is lacking and I want to get some of that under my belt.

LOC has an intersting assorment of clustered centering rings. clustered and airstart would a little complex with a quite wicked cool factor.

Latest posts

Back