Thread "Moved" .. where to?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
A few threads recently were "moved" (the "Illegal fireworks" one for instance)

Where do they get moved to? I click on the link and I "don't have access". I assume its a default for "deleted" threads..

A few threads recently were "moved" (the "Illegal fireworks" one for instance)

Where do they get moved to? I click on the link and I "don't have access". I assume its a default for "deleted" threads..

I have the same question!
Thanks,

once or twice a mention of a private forum for moderators has come up(where the moderators discuss the thread in question), sometimes they come back(locked usually), sometimes they don't. I would not hold your breath about the fireworks thread coming back unlocked if it does return.
Rex

There is a repository of sorts in the moderator area where threads or individual posts can be stored if we choose not to delete them entirely and forever. I dislike making things just "disappear" so occasionally I show the "Thread has been moved" tag just because there isn't a way to leave a message that the thread has been deleted. In this case, I intended to edit out the bad parts and leave the thread intact, but when I went in to edit it, there was much more work to be done than I had time to wade through.

So, it gets moved to storage. In the event that there was really good content in the thread and we get several requests to bring it back, then it gets put on a list until one of the mods has some free time to edit out the bad and leave the good.

That's also another reason that things get moved. Sometimes we know that a thread has valuable content that we want to save, and other times there's been a complaint and a mod might want to confer with the other mods and admins to reach a consensus of opinion before something gets deleted forever. In those cases, it gets "moved" to storage rather than deleted so that it can be brought back if we decide on that course of action.

Does that help?

The Illuminati caught wind of our discussion and "moved" the thread to their secret bunker outside of Omaha.

I think they all go into the "I was offended by tmacklin" file, which is sort of like the penalty box at a hockey game :wink:

Cthulhu has taken those threads deep to the underworld. Ask no more questions lest he takes you next.

So, it gets moved to storage. In the event that there was really good content in the thread and we get several requests to bring it back, then it gets put on a list until one of the mods has some free time to edit out the bad and leave the good.

And sometimes when you get a request to bring back such a thread with good content, you BAN the person who asked for it to be restored. Well, not you personally, it was some other mod who abused their power and broke TRF rules.

"2016 Year of the bike" thread in May a year ago. Which indeed WAS brought back!

STILL PO'ed at the mods for that ban.

The CIA operates a fleet of jets that are used for the secret "rendition" of threads to countries that do not observe U.S. rules regarding the treatment of threads on custody :p

Back in the day we had our own hit sqaud. People who didn't post photos of their builds were known to go missing.

Not sure why a gripe about people breaking the rules in firework use would get banned. Did it turn excessively political? Or was Godwin's Law invoked?

It turned into a multi-page exchange of insults.

Back