Missing my best friend...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why are you so convinced yu'll see your deceased pets again

Keeping it classy, eh? :sad:

Ryan, so very sorry for your loss, it is a very difficult time indeed. :( My in laws have always had Australian Shepherds. I had to be part of the passing their 5 year old male a number of years ago. Was like losing a family member...

Keep your head up sir!

why are you so convinced yu'll see your deceased pets again

He has faith, which I for one envy. And just as it's rude to impose our religious beliefs on those who believe otherwise it's just as rude to impose our lack of belief on others. Perhaps your question was an honest one, without a tinge of haughtiness, but it didn't seem like it. Instead it seemed inappropriate and unsympathetic. So far your posts have a 3:1 smarm to rocketry ratio.

Steve Shannon

So sad. Sorry in away,but happy you had such a good time with your buddy and did what was right for him. Im looking at "doing the right thing" here sometime sooner than I want. Same thing,the mind is there,but the body is not so good theses days.

I am so sorry for your loss....I put down my beloved Basset in Dec 2014...and I still miss her terribly. I have always believed that dogs are gifts from God....all things on earth have a purpose...but what is the purpose of a dog? chase cats? They are the perfect companion for humans and that is why they are here. They are loyal and don't care about what car you drive or whether you have social status or not. Personally, the poster that said some dogs are better people than people is right.

I was really hoping that we'd get more time with you after saying goodbye to Jack just two months ago. But in the end, the cancer won. But you gave it hell. One vet said we needed to let you go two years ago. I said "absolutely not", you fought it, and for a while, you won. But today it had the final say. Maybe you were heartbroken after losing your "brother". Either way, there's no more cancer, no more eating in a high chair, and you can eat and drink as much as you want as often as you want. I'm so sorry I couldn't do more for you Mason, but I did my best. I know you did too. Go see your brother again and wait for me. I'll see you again someday. I love you squirt 😢
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253147.569789.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253160.484435.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253191.841118.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253217.311573.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253244.740999.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253326.396380.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1501253414.342969.jpg

It's never easy.
I've found over the years it's best to get a new best friend ASAP.
At least for me, it's been the best thing.
I can't remember not sharing my life with a doggie.
They are just too precious and each is filled with their own personality.
Deepest Sympathies.

Sorry for you loss. I miss all my pets that I have lost. They have a special place in my heart.

I haven't been on here much lately. My mind is occupied with other things besides rockets lately. I'm missing my boys really bad today. I miss them every day, but today has been rough. This was them back in 2008. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1502295801.756006.jpg
Here they are today, forever side by side. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1502295824.192926.jpg

I get you here. I miss mine too. We have a breeder lined up to get a new Bullmastiff puppy, which is due August 25th. There is a dog sized hole in our household, which I will get filled.

I seriously recommend that when the time is right that you do the same.

Hang in there noffie79. Only time seems to do it for me. I've had 4 wonderful dogs that have passed. There's a bit of sadness from their loss when I think back on them, but mostly happy thoughts of the wonderful times with all of them. Our current 'puppy' (she's 7 now) is no less wonderful. We got her from the Colorado prison system dog training program. She arrived there as a rescue. She was removed with her sister from a home where she was beaten. Her sister had two broken legs from the abuse.... sad. I think one of the most incredible characteristics of most dogs is that they love you so unconditionally. Makes it that much harder when they're gone.

noffie79, I hope you get to a point where thinking of your boys brings more smiles than sadness. I agree with Mark. When you can start thinking it, jump back in. I bet you have a lot more love to give a special dog or two, and you know they'll love you back.

Boy, those are tough losses, one right after the other. I had to put my boy to sleep on April 1st. I had adopted him as an 8 year old; I had him for about 5 years, and he was the sweetest and happiest guy, despite a number of health problems...anyway, what started off as a "routine urinary tract infection" ended up with the vet finding cancer. After about a two week decline, he just wouldn't eat and later that day I found him lying in his usual spot, but shivering...he was in pain, so I trucked him up to the vet, hoping we could do something but fearing the worst.

After all that, there is still a huge void in my life. I've adopted another boy, a real sweet guy, but it definitely takes me a while to get over these things, and I still miss how goofy and happy he always was.

I feel for ya

Had my 10 year old miniature poodle die suddenly last week. Walked him in the morning, came home from work to find no one greeting me at the door. He took a nap he never woke up from. Dog was super active with no obvious issues.. But I'm guessing his heart stopped. Wife and kids were out of town, but they wanted me to bury him. Pretty rough day. Still can't believe it.

Thanks for your words guys. It means a lot. And I feel for each of you for your own losses. I know time will heal this huge wound. Thanks again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Jack must have been a great friend and part of the family. Just remember that Jack wouldn't want you to be sad. I'm sure that Jack appreciated all that you did for him and loved you.

I have had to put down three dogs in my life so I know how you feel.

Sincerely,
Bob

Back