LDRS 37

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Directors of Tripoli Rocketry Association are pleased to announce that Tripoli Central California will host LDRS 37, May 16 - 20, 2018. Congratulations to Tripoli Central California for a well done bid. The Board looks forward to working with James Dougherty and the members of TCC over the next year. More details will be announced as the date draws nearer.

Congratulations to Tripoli Central California, we get a new location to add to the list of LDRS launch sites.
See you there in 51 weeks.

M

A good and exciting choice.. Tripoli Central Cal does it right.. A very flat agricultural area..
It's also near Yosemite (1 hr) and Disneyland (3 hrs) ..

Will they have good weather?

James Dougherty told me they have very little wind at this location. In fact, later during the year it can get too warm because there is no breeze. Their large launch Dairy Aire is usually held this time of year. LDRS will take its place in their schedule. It looks like they had good weather this weekend.

I went to the Dairy Aire launch this weekend, and I think this will be a great place to host LDRS. The weather is almost always great. My understanding is that they have only had one rain-out of Dairy Aire in it's entire history, and that was really unusual for the time of year. Weather is usually pretty warm and dry.

Try Harris Ranch... mighty good food...just 20 miles from launch site... great hotel too.

It's a surprisingly great hotel and restaurant for this stretch of I5... and for being so close to 10,000 pooping cows. The steakhouse is very good. The hotel is hacienda style and has a nice courtyard and pool, but you really only want to be out there when the wind is right...

I am REALLY looking forward to this. I missed LDRS in 2016, even though it was held in CA. I thought it might be a long time before I had another chance to attend in-state. So this is great news for me. I'm going to have to start looking for a special project.

Back