LDRS 37

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! Also note that the signature line is what will show up below your name and TRA #, I see a lot of people just put their name in there (Steve Shannon, I corrected yours to say "TRA President", and Mark Clark, I made yours say TRA TAP), if other people want to change that just send me email.

LDRS37-Badge-0039-TRA-08716.jpgLDRS37-Badge-0036-TRA-414.jpg

There is a QRCode there also with ONLY your email address (for example if you use QRReader on your iPhone).

We are starting to get more orders but still not getting critical mass, I wrote another program to do a cost analysis and it seems that we would
we still need at least 40 more registrations with meals to break even on the Banquet (club paying setup and Tax).

So ... please sign up and support TCC as well as the LDRS37 launch event - make sure to also register for the Banquet, we have a great deal for Steak Dinner at $40.
https://www.ldrs37.org/

Those of you who want to sponsor (get name on back of shirt and 2 free shirts, please donate
$100 by sending via Paypal to [email protected]) - email me your graphics!

Here is a discount code code: JANSPECIAL - valid until the end of the
month, knocks 10% off registration - please use it!

Thank you!
-James

Thanks!
I was confused, I was thinking signature like hand written and had no clue how to do it.

Mark

Yes, there is little wind at this location. I should let you guys know that I am planning on trying to get a slightly higher waiver (more on that in the weeks ahead)
but for now it is 16,800. I'll update the site with more details on the area in the next week, also a range and area map for places to go and things to see.
Finally, the attendees list is going to be fixed, the provider for the plugin I'm using has recently admitted to their bugs and will fix them for us.
BTW, For those of you who didn't use the $5 off discount (early registration), I have a little perk for you so don't feel like you are missing out.

James Dougherty told me they have very little wind at this location. In fact, later during the year it can get too warm because there is no breeze. Their large launch Dairy Aire is usually held this time of year. LDRS will take its place in their schedule. It looks like they had good weather this weekend.

Thanks Mark,

I should fix that, there is a help text string but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
Let me put a sample there so people have a better idea... more on that later.

-james

Thanks!
I was confused, I was thinking signature like hand written and had no clue how to do it.

Mark

Sixteen eight is a pretty decent waiver unless this is going to be where folks are going to do small MD birds and loft them up high with modest impulse motors. I'd say save money on the load and fly within the limits whatever it turns out be. Kurt

Sixteen eight is a pretty decent waiver unless this is going to be where folks are going to do small MD birds and loft them up high with modest impulse motors. I'd say save money on the load and fly within the limits whatever it turns out be. Kurt

+1. If you can't figure out how to have fun with a 16,800 waiver a bunch of rockets and rocketeers, you just aren't trying!

Guys, I've been flying with TCC pushing 20 years now. Kissing that 16.8K waiver out there is... Not something I do regularly.

If you do plan to push it, bring radio or GPS gear. Grain and corn fields, grape vineyards, orchards...

I'm not saying "Don't." I am saying "If you do, be prepared for it."

Flying is more fun than searching.

Oh... You might want to avoid painting your bird green. Alfalfa. 8^)

Last edited:
Right on James, thank you - so true, and if the corn is growing, don't expect a GPS to save you - you can be literally within 1 foot of the rocket and
you won't find it when the corn is 12' tall. You need a buzzer!

Yeah, I thought something similar and simply typed my name, not thinking in terms of a “sig” line in a forum.

Thanks Mark, Steve - I got an update on the plugin, a few things:

1) All the users show up correctly now that have registered - however ...
2) The rendering is off on all but the first page, there is a bug in the pager, hit more and you will see what I mean. Anyhow, I will send it to the RM folks to debug, I sent them my code for the first page .... which looks pretty trick I must say - it just has to work for all ... - https://www.ldrs37.org/attendees
3) I added a test page for updating the badge info and an explanation, you can try to edit it here - https://ldrs37.org/badge-info

If you guys want to try changing your signature line, I will diff the database tomorrow and see what shakes out.

Thanks Steve, yes, will fix soon ...
Were you able to change your badge signature?

Heads up everyone! There's only 4 days left to use the coupon code to pre-register for LDRS 37!

Pre-registering saves you $10, and the coupon code saves an ADDITIONAL $10! So you can register for all 5 days for only $40!

If you wait to register at the event, it will cost you $60... Why pay $60, when you can get it for $40, and save $20 to spend on propellant?

The coupon code is JANSPECIAL. It's only good through January 31, 2018, so there isn't much time left!

Pre-register at the LDRS 37 website -- the direct link to the registration page is https://ldrs37.org/shop/

And while you are registering for the event, you can also sign up for the TRA Banquet, and buy a T-Shirt or sticker. The Banquet is being hosted by Harris Ranch. I personally have eaten there many times and think it's a great steakhouse, and $40 for a full dinner there is a fantastic deal. Also, TCC always produces some excellent T-Shirts for their events, so I'm sure the LDRS T-Shirt will be no exception.

This is going to be a great launch, so I encourage everyone to pre-register and use the coupon code before it expires!

Heads up everyone! There's only 4 days left to use the coupon code to pre-register for LDRS 37!

Pre-registering saves you $10, and the coupon code saves an ADDITIONAL $10! So you can register for all 5 days for only $40!

If you wait to register at the event, it will cost you $60... Why pay $60, when you can get it for $40, and save $20 to spend on propellant?

The coupon code is JANSPECIAL. It's only good through January 31, 2018, so there isn't much time left!

Pre-register at the LDRS 37 website -- the direct link to the registration page is https://ldrs37.org/shop/

And while you are registering for the event, you can also sign up for the TRA Banquet, and buy a T-Shirt or sticker. The Banquet is being hosted by Harris Ranch. I personally have eaten there many times and think it's a great steakhouse, and $40 for a full dinner there is a fantastic deal. Also, TCC always produces some excellent T-Shirts for their events, so I'm sure the LDRS T-Shirt will be no exception.

This is going to be a great launch, so I encourage everyone to pre-register and use the coupon code before it expires!

And while you’re at it, sign up for a spot or two of range duty,

Steve Shannon

So, who’s pre-registered so far? It looks like about 90 pre-registrations as of this morning. Anyone from TRF? I’ve registered, and I reserved my spot at the banquet. Also have a T-Shirt and sticker waiting for me.

Soon I’m going to have to order a new kit so I’ll have something special to fly...

Between the steak dinner, a nice place to stay without having to drive afterward and a night launch the following day, it didn't take much to get buy in from Mrs. G. She'll now be after me to make sure her very sparkly and well lit Leviathan and Squat night flyers have fresh batteries and are ready for her to launch.

And I now have more impetus to finish up a few of my own projects...

Between the steak dinner, a nice place to stay without having to drive afterward and a night launch the following day, it didn't take much to get buy in from Mrs. G. She'll now be after me to make sure her very sparkly and well lit Leviathan and Squat night flyers have fresh batteries and are ready for her to launch.

And I now have more impetus to finish up a few of my own projects...

Great! Mrs. Barbarian was also enticed by the first-class accommodations and cuisine! I think we will stay at Harris Ranch on Friday and Saturday nights, and I will probably camp Wednesday and Thursday, like a true Barbarian should. See you at the launch!

My wife enjoys poolside days at Harris Ranch while our sons and I are at TCC launches. If you've never been there, Harris Ranch is like an oasis in California's agricultural central valley. If you are a pilot, they also have a small airstrip for guests.

So, who’s pre-registered so far? It looks like about 90 pre-registrations as of this morning. Anyone from TRF? I’ve registered, and I reserved my spot at the banquet. Also have a T-Shirt and sticker waiting for me.

Soon I’m going to have to order a new kit so I’ll have something special to fly...

Yep, I've registered, and bought T-shirts and decals.

The Earlybird Discount is still available, but not for much longer...

I'm registered, plan to spend all 5 days there in an RV with my Dad (we did the same for LDRS 2 years ago). Banquet, also.

Is that,
for LDRS 2, years ago.
Or for LDRS, 2 years ago.

LDRS 2016, 2 years ago. :) Nice to have it in a "reasonable" driving distance for 2 of the past 3 years, though I'll definitely take a ~2 hr drive to TCC over the ~7h it took to get to Lucerne.

Sharon and I are registered, banquet and t-shirts ordered. We want to get there in time to set up the range. We did it with stringing the cables and walking out the pads through a slightly muddy field, now we want to do it without the cables. Hoping to get there early enough to snag a good camping spot, since we will probably be flying a BUNCH of rockets!
We stayed at Harris Ranch last time, it was very nice. We're after the entire experience this time, so we will be bringing the toy hauler with all our toys.

I'm registered, plan to spend all 5 days there in an RV with my Dad (we did the same for LDRS 2 years ago). Banquet, also.

Sounds like you have a good setup. I think I'm going to stay for all 5 days too, but I have a tent for Wednesday and Thursday, not an RV! My wife will come out on Friday, so i get to stay at Harris Ranch. like a civilized human being, on Friday and Saturday nights.

Back