LDRS 37

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Big one is finally going to hit Central California
THE LDRS 37 DRAG RACE

First off i want to thank James over at TCC ,Gerald from Tripoli Bod and Charlie from Aerotech.
James and Gerald for putting up with all of the questions and setting up the range to be able to pull this off.
Charlie for helping out with the reload and hardware.

Lets make the ground shake in Central California
77,000 newtons with one push of the button

We have spots for 8 entrants in a drag race with Wildman Demon 150's on Aerotech M2500's
There are only 6 spots left as of right now.
If you would like to get into this we have an offer almost to good to pass up.
Buy a Demon 150 for $650 plus shipping.
https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/wildman-ultimate/products/demon-150

Bring it to built to LDRS, enter the drag race and get the M2500 with complete 98/10240 hardware for only $399.99
Regular price for this combo would be $1979.99 that's almost 50% off

THE LDRS 37 DRAG RACE

First off i want to thank James over at TCC ,Gerald from Tripoli Bod and Charlie from Aerotech.
James and Gerald for putting up with all of the questions and setting up the range to be able to pull this off.

We have spots for 8 entrants in a drag race with Wildman Demon 150's on Aerotech M2500's

Bring it to built to LDRS, enter the drag race and get the M2500 with complete 98/10240 hardware for only $399.99

The entrants so far
Tim Lehr
David Reese

THE LDRS 37 DRAG RACE

Holy smokes!

We can do 8 M motors in a drag race? Is this what James has been calling the “Armageddon Button”?

Eight M2500's.

Might need some copper thermite squibs. Get 'em all at once, instant on.

For what day is this planned?

THE LDRS 37 DRAG RACE

Oh man! Plenty of cameras better be on this for us missing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

It's a good rocket but I didn't think it was even possible .
After running a very crude rocsim the very best I can get 15K

I thought it may go higher because it looks like it’s going a 1000 mph on the pad.
Better to know now than arguing with the RSO.

M

THE LDRS 37 DRAG RACE

Just don't do it near a fault line. :)

It does look good, doesn't it.
Pictures don't do it justice either.
I totaly destroyed one and didn't think twice about building another one, it was on the build pile

I totaly destroyed one and didn't think twice about building another one, it was on the build pile

Tim, is it possible to extend the Demon with an upper payload section? I'm about 90% on board with this whole deal but the kit would need to be modded a little for a BALLS project. Would that coupler be able to be modified to an in between the sustainer and upper payload section AV bay?

I'm in. Sign me up as number 3 for the LDRS 37 Drag Race. I'll call tomorrow to settle everything up.

James and I are both in!! going to start build this friday!! Muuhaha...now i just need to convince him to do a big patriot (1/2 scale) drag race with me too..

James and I are both in!! going to start build this friday!! Muuhaha...now i just need to convince him to do a big patriot (1/2 scale) drag race with me too..

Or old vs new 1/2 scale HAWK vs Patriot. I'm bringing HAWK.

I thought I read somewhere that the first high power row is at 300 feet. I.e., H through L motors are all flying off the same row. Is this true?

I see the range map on this page, but it's not clear to me what all the lines signify.

Was that the one that got re-kitted by an N10,000 at Airfest?

I thought I read somewhere that the first high power row is at 300 feet. I.e., H through L motors are all flying off the same row. Is this true?

I see the range map on this page, but it's not clear to me what all the lines signify.

I believe a very detailed range map is coming soon.

You are right that the main close bank of HPR pads is going to be at 300', and that's where H - L motors will be flown. There is also a bank at 2000' for the really big drag races. What I do not know is if there is something in between those two banks. I had heard that if things are very busy, L motors could overflow onto another bank, but i'm not sure if that is the 2000' or if it is a closer bank that I don't know about. There will also be a close-in LPR bank. Like I said, a detailed range plan is in the works, and should be posted soon.

Back