LDRS 37

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s National Plan for Vacation Day!

If you are thinking about your vacation plans for the coming year, Tripoli Central California invites you to make a trip to LDRS 37, May 16 through May 20 in Central California.

- Largest annual high-power rocketry event in the country!
- High 16,800-foot waiver.
- Huge 20-square-mile recovery area.
- Great weather for flying (usually!)
- Maximum impulse of M for individual motors. Complex rockets with maximum combined total impulse up to N.
- Excellent high-power launch equipment.
- Big away cell capable of launching rockets in excess of 250 pounds.
- Fantastic rocketry vendors on site.
- First-rate restaurant to host TRA Banquet on Friday, May 18.
- Exciting night launch and live band on Saturday, May 19.

Extend your rocketry vacation with other great vacation destinations in California just a few hours drive from the launch site:

- Kings Canyon National Park – 1.5 hrs
- Sequoia National Park – 1.75 hrs
- Yosemite National Park – 3.5 hrs
- Central Coast Wine Country – 1.75 hrs
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – 2.5 hrs
- San Francisco – 3 hrs
- Santa Barbara – 3.75 hrs
- Universal Studios Hollywood – 3.25 hrs
- Disneyland – 4 hrs

Learn more and pre-register at https://ldrs37.org

Get $10 off pre-registration with coupon code JANSPECIAL through the end of January. Only 2 days left! for this discount!

I'm registered and plan to attend as a vendor. Please stop by the Attebery Performance Engineering booth while you're there. I'd like to meet as many of you as possible.

Thanks!

Chris

I'm registered and plan to attend as a vendor. Please stop by the Attebery Performance Engineering booth while you're there. I'd like to meet as many of you as possible.

Thanks!

Chris

Glad to hear you will be there, Chris. How many days are you going to attend?

Probably Wednesday though Saturday. I've already got preliminary approval from SWKB. LOL!

Probably Wednesday though Saturday. I've already got preliminary approval from SWKB. LOL!

I'm planning on being there for the whole thing. Kathy will join me on Friday night, stay for Saturday and the night launch, and head home Sunday morning. We will be going to the banquet. Kathy was hoping there would be some spouses she has met before. Is your family coming as well?

Sharon and I are planning on leaving Goodyear, AZ. on Tuesday with our toy hauler. Planning to stay on the field for the duration. Bringing a scratch built project that we started over two years ago in the hopes of flying it with ROC for LDRS 35. Couldn't get it done in time, so we're giving it another go for LDRS 37. Inspired by Jack Garibaldi (What's up Hobbies) who gave us a set of three centering rings that fit 7.5" LOC tubing and have FIVE 54mm holes in them. We decided to name it after Jack's truck, "Tweety Bird". Since this launch will be held at Jack's "home" field, what better place to fly this rocket, right? Currently working on the fincan, with the motor mount built, the tubing sleeved, fins fiberglassed and the fin slots cut. I think we have everything we need, just need more time to work on it.
I haven't seen Jack in years, but James is in touch with him frequently. We are trying to get him to come out and watch it fly, but apparently Jack is busy driving trucks or something... Maybe if we get a buzz going about this flight, we can change his mind. It IS a Large Dangerous Rocket Ship, right? Over 10 ft. tall and five motors, who knows what could happen....

Sharon and I are planning on leaving Goodyear, AZ. on Tuesday with our toy hauler. Planning to stay on the field for the duration. Bringing a scratch built project that we started over two years ago in the hopes of flying it with ROC for LDRS 35. Couldn't get it done in time, so we're giving it another go for LDRS 37. Inspired by Jack Garibaldi (What's up Hobbies) who gave us a set of three centering rings that fit 7.5" LOC tubing and have FIVE 54mm holes in them. We decided to name it after Jack's truck, "Tweety Bird". Since this launch will be held at Jack's "home" field, what better place to fly this rocket, right? Currently working on the fincan, with the motor mount built, the tubing sleeved, fins fiberglassed and the fin slots cut. I think we have everything we need, just need more time to work on it.
I haven't seen Jack in years, but James is in touch with him frequently. We are trying to get him to come out and watch it fly, but apparently Jack is busy driving trucks or something... Maybe if we get a buzz going about this flight, we can change his mind. It IS a Large Dangerous Rocket Ship, right? Over 10 ft. tall and five motors, who knows what could happen....

Wow! That sounds awesome!

"Those Guys" will be there. We will be there for the duration. Not planning on taking a bunch of rockets, but I should have my L3 project done and ready for a shakedown on a L2 motor.

Hell, brother... There's gonna be a mess o' TAP's there. If it won't beat the waiver, fly the M. Go for an autograph.

I went to the LUNAR club launch at Snow Ranch on Saturday and decided to help promote LDRS. It's a reasonable drive to the LDRS site for most LUNAR club members -- about 3 hours from one launch site to the other. So I made a flyer and handed it out at the launch. A lot of people I talked to were already signed up, and there were plenty more planning to go. But I did meet a fair number of rocketeers who hadn't heard about it or weren't aware it was going to be so close this year.

LDRS_Flyer_2.jpg

I went to the LUNAR club launch at Snow Ranch on Saturday and decided to help promote LDRS. It's a reasonable drive to the LDRS site for most LUNAR club members -- about 3 hours from one launch site to the other. So I made a flyer and handed it out at the launch. A lot of people I talked to were already signed up, and there were plenty more planning to go. But I did meet a fair number of rocketeers who hadn't heard about it or weren't aware it was going to be so close this year.

View attachment 337869

Great job!
Thanks for promoting it!

Great job!
Thanks for promoting it!

Thanks! It was fun. I enjoyed making the flyer, and I got to meet a lot pf people while handing it out.

I ran the idea and the flyer design past James Dougherty first, so it wasn't a "rogue operation". PM me if you'd like a copy of the design for your own use --- Word doc, jpeg, or pdf. We haven't decided yet, but we may get some more printed and sent out to vendors to include in their shipments or sent to other clubs to promote at their launches.

Thanks! It was fun. I enjoyed making the flyer, and I got to meet a lot pf people while handing it out.

I ran the idea and the flyer design past James Dougherty first, so it wasn't a "rogue operation". PM me if you'd like a copy of the design for your own use --- Word doc, jpeg, or pdf. We haven't decided yet, but we may get some more printed and sent out to vendors to include in their shipments or sent to other clubs to promote at their launches.

Sending it out is a great idea. If you send me a pdf I’ll show the BoD.

View attachment 337869

Great job Thirsty! You should be working on a commission. Everybody that signs up should be able to indicate that the Thirsty Barbarian told them about it.
I could use a PDF of that flier. We will be going to the next TRA/PHX launch, SSS launch and Holtville Havoc with Tripoli San Diego.

Great job Thirsty! You should be working on a commission. Everybody that signs up should be able to indicate that the Thirsty Barbarian told them about it.
I could use a PDF of that flier. We will be going to the next TRA/PHX launch, SSS launch and Holtville Havoc with Tripoli San Diego.

Commission! I like it!

Actually, this is one way I can give back to the TCC club. It's not exactly close by, so I can't easily volunteer in other ways, and never make it for launch setup. But I do fly with them a couple times a year, so it's nice to help out in this way.

If you want a copy of the files, just PM your email address, and will send them to you.

For those who can't make and are vendors, where can we send stuff for giveaways as raffle prizes...assuming there will be one?

Thanks

Preston

Question: If there is a 20 sq mile recovery area then why is it only 16,800 foot waiver and only M motor max for single motor rockets? Not going just wondering.

Question: If there is a 20 sq mile recovery area then why is it only 16,800 foot waiver and only M motor max for single motor rockets? Not going just wondering.

The recovery area speaks to the wide open farmland.

The 16,800 foot waiver is determined by the FAA.

The M motor limit is a State of California limit.

There's no limit to the number of tacos from Taco Tren!

Back