LDRS 37

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did this LDRS thread get to be about launches other than LDRS?

It's still a thread about LDRS. You see, our young friend who goes by the handle "rockets" is located here in the great state of Ohio. I don't believe he's old enough to drive yet, so for him to go to LDRS across the country is most likely not an option. He simply made a comment that he'd like LDRS to be held in the Midwest. Several other helpful rocketeers made a suggestion to him about a launch that is closer to Ohio. That's all. I highly doubt that a few comments giving him other alternatives will take away from this thread, which clearly must only be about LDRS at TCC.

I now have a reason to plan a monster road trip in the Hellcat! Plus, drop through Vegas on the way back and, get a balcony suite at the Cosmo-
That will put me a couple weeks out from my 50th birthday...Smoking a big Cuban cigar overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Soaking in the sun.

Now I'll also have a mode to find that crazy cat "fyrwrxz" and, lay waste to some serious Hershey bars and, talk Bomarcs!

Hang in there fyrwrxz...I'm on my way! ;)

I know we're a long ways out, but does anyone know how camping will be handled?

I now have a reason to plan a monster road trip in the Hellcat! Plus, drop through Vegas on the way back and, get a balcony suite at the Cosmo-
That will put me a couple weeks out from my 50th birthday...Smoking a big Cuban cigar overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Soaking in the sun.

Now I'll also have a mode to find that crazy cat "fyrwrxz" and, lay waste to some serious Hershey bars and, talk Bomarcs!

Crap- No pressure-eh Gus?? I think I can scratch up an Alpha or two to fly. Where'd that card of C6-3's go?? BTW-I seriously pancaked my Bomarc when the NC chute hung on a pitot tube and prevented the rest of the laundry from coming out and it flat spun in. Some cat got one good pic of it w/me and the bird out on the pad. Did I take any?? Noooooo...

OMG! I may have to play the bachelor for a week... :headbang:

Bill- Looks like I'm coming to you this time to hook up!
You know, it's really twisted how things work out. My local club in Central California has the opportunity to host LDRS, and then I relocate to central Virginia for a new job... been here two weeks.

If I can work some travel into my work schedule I'll try to be there.

From an optimistic perspective, I can now fly Loki motors!

I know we're a long ways out, but does anyone know how camping will be handled?

I suggest staying tuned for the details. Historically the club / land owner allows on site camping. If you look at the gallery at tccrockets.com, you can get a feel for what the terrain looks like (wide open farm land.)

Hey Jim... Do you know if James registered any days of LDRS as Rx? DA Friday is usually Rx day...

Motor Limits

NOTE: This is a commercial launch only. The State of California regulations prevents us from flying research motors within the state. Maximum Impulse limits for California are listed below:

Maximum Impulse per rocket motor – 10,240 Ns “M”
Maximum combined total impulse (Complex rocket) – shall not exceed 20,2480 Ns “N”​

Motor Limits

NOTE: This is a commercial launch only. The State of California regulations prevents us from flying research motors within the state. Maximum Impulse limits for California are listed below:

Maximum Impulse per rocket motor – 10,240 Ns “M”
Maximum combined total impulse (Complex rocket) – shall not exceed 20,2480 Ns “N”​

Hmmmmmmm, Isn't it also (unfortunately) leave yer' Loki motors at home territory?
Should make that clear to the unfamiliar if that's still true. Ashame too. Kurt

Hmmmmmmm, Isn't it also (unfortunately) leave yer' Loki motors at home territory?
Should make that clear to the unfamiliar if that's still true. Ashame too. Kurt

Correct - Loki motors have not been submitted to the Calif State Fire Marshal for 'Classification', and are thus not allowed.

And that is called asking for Dane-geld, and the people who ask it explain that you've only to pay 'em the Dane-geld and then you'll get rid of the Dane.

Unless something has changed in the interim, the bullet point simply said there would be camping. Not how it would be organized or anything.

Hi Folks,

LDRS37 is online!

Please register online to get your badge and registration package
ready at the day of the launch. Also, make sure to sign up for the Banquet
for Steak Dinner at Harris (only $40) - we have capacity for 200.

Any questions, feel free to send email to [email protected]

Thank you and looking forward to seeing everyone at LDRS!

James Dougherty
TRA #11425 L3 TAP
President, Tripoli Central California (Prefecture # 52) - https://www.tccrockets.com/
Launch Director LDRS37 - https://www.ldrs37.org/
TRA Records Committee Chair
408-476-7391

Just registered, looks like the same site we launched from for October Skies. Are you just moving the flight line out into the field a bit more to make room for parking and camping?

Back