LDRS 37

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thirsty Barbarian, love the photo of the jumper. How do you attach the chute to the monkey? Do you make a harness?

I have to give credit for the photo to a fellow LUNAR club member, but I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

I attached the chute to the monkey with a zip-tie around his neck! If you ever go skydiving and they offer to rig your parachute that way, I'd decline, but it is perfectly safe for monkeys!

At this point, we have a full 8 participants signed up for the I impulse heat! Woot!

We will load all 8 rockets on the bank of 8 pads at the same time, and then launch the heat in 2 salvos of 4 rockets each, back-to-back. Fun!

We also have 4 people signed up for the H motor heat. It would be great to get more people in the H motor heat, because we can launch them all simultaneously, not in salvos. Launching 8 rockets and 8 monkeys simultaneously means maximum monkeyshines! If you want to fly in both heats, feel free to sign up for both — at this point, EVERYONE currently in the H heat is also signed up for the I heat, so if you want to do both, go for it!

LAST DAY TO PRE-REGISTER!

Today, April 21, is the last day to save money and time by pre-registering for LDRS 37!

After today, you’ll have to pay full price to register on-site at the event. Sign up today!

https://ldrs37.org/shop/

I have to give credit for the photo to a fellow LUNAR club member, but I can't remember his name off the top of my head.

I attached the chute to the monkey with a zip-tie around his neck! If you ever go skydiving and they offer to rig your parachute that way, I'd decline, but it is perfectly safe for monkeys!
Maybe me? For our Otter Space otter drop.
2018-04-09%2017.55.31.jpg

Ok, one more day...But THAT is IT!

This time we really mean it! Today, Sunday, April 22, is the absolute last day to save money and time by pre-registering for LDRS 37!

Tomorrow, the online store is being clsed down, the badges are being sent for production, and the club will begin processing all the pre-registration packets. So after today, you’ll have to pay full price to register on-site at the event. Sign up today!

https://ldrs37.org/shop/

Need advise for packing a loc4 and 429SS in checked bag so it doesnt get damaged on flight.

Still looking for people to sign up for range duty. Lots of empty slots. Launches don't happen without volunteers.

LDRS37.org

I have noticed that SpaceX is planning a launch from Vandenberg AFB on May 19th during LDRS. I'm seriously considering skipping out on LDRS that day and going down to watch the SpaceX launch. It is supposed to be from Pad SLC-4E. Is it possible to get close enough to see the launch and how long would it take to drive there from Fresno? I've never seen a live launch before and this might be my best shot ever.

I have noticed that SpaceX is planning a launch from Vandenberg AFB on May 19th during LDRS. I'm seriously considering skipping out on LDRS that day and going down to watch the SpaceX launch. It is supposed to be from Pad SLC-4E. Is it possible to get close enough to see the launch and how long would it take to drive there from Fresno? I've never seen a live launch before and this might be my best shot ever.

Google maps says it is a 3 hour drive from Fresno

For larger stuff, are there going to be 1515 rail pads or Unistrut?

For larger stuff, are there going to be 1515 rail pads or Unistrut?

Ya, sure! You betcha!

This page has a detailed range layout. https://ldrs37.org/launch-site/ There are 1515 rails at the 500' pads, the 1,000' away cell, and presumably at the 2,000' away cell. I think they can handle just about any kind or rail, but if you have questions beyond what's on the drawing, or any special needs, you might want to send an email to the organizers.

I wasn't planning on it, typically I cut my kits to order so that I'm not stuck with foam and parts commited to kits that I have to wait to sell. If there is something you are particularly interested in let me know I can cut and box one or more if I know ahead of time.

I have parts for 1 Pegasus, 1 HABU, and 5 Klingon Battlecruisers, and plenty of parts for the Hypersonic III and Stratodart 2 kits.

The Hypersonic III and Stratodart 2 are the basic staples that I normally keep parts for, the others typically are short run kits and once I'm out of parts I don't re-do them unless there is sufficient demand for 5-10 of them since I need to order supplies in batches of 5-10 to keep the prices what they are. The short run kits typically have custom decals, cones or tubes that are only usable for those individual kits so I don't want to commit to a lot of different inventory for those items, the little bits and pieces are all common.

Frank

Are you bringing some of your kits to sell?

Last edited:
Got Tweety Bird finished and added Stickershock decals this morning. Did a photo shoot with me and the pilot:
IMG_0004.jpg

Also painted the Avalanche, but no pictures yet. Still need to finish a few things before we pack the trailer on Sunday.

Alternative entertainment for those poor lost souls who don't want to watch rockets fly all day:

Fresno zoo
Fresno Pirate Festival (Sat and Sun)
Fresno Art Museum

Grizzly Festeval

Playland and Storyland

Shopping and dining

Meux Home Museum (Gerald's boyhood home?)

Last edited:
Prepped my Viper 3 with 3x E12-8's.
Cleaned my big launch pad and added a stop to the 1515 rail.
Installed the canopy to the Eurmax frame.
Finished up some odds and ends on Warp Core Breach. It needed a charge cup and ejection tests with the new Top Flight 58" thin mill chute I installed last week. Then I built a J520 Skidmark and inserted it in the MMT.
Prepped the avbay and charged the lipo for the Eggfinder in my 3" Blackstar.
Prepped the avbay in my 4" X-celerator "Rapiditty".
Prepped the avbay and recharged the lipo for the Eggfinder in my L3 bird "Red-Tailed Extreme". Then built an M1550 and added it.
Cleared out a space on the floor for "Redline", my Ultimate Darkstar and removed the N/C and avbay. Recharged the batteries for the Eggfinder and two WiFi switches and started to run out of steam.
Pretty full day of rocketry, getting ready to pack the trailer for our trip to LDRS.

Prepped my Viper 3 with 3x E12-8's.
Cleaned my big launch pad and added a stop to the 1515 rail.
Installed the canopy to the Eurmax frame.
Finished up some odds and ends on Warp Core Breach. It needed a charge cup and ejection tests with the new Top Flight 58" thin mill chute I installed last week. Then I built a J520 Skidmark and inserted it in the MMT.
Prepped the avbay and charged the lipo for the Eggfinder in my 3" Blackstar.
Prepped the avbay in my 4" X-celerator "Rapiditty".
Prepped the avbay and recharged the lipo for the Eggfinder in my L3 bird "Red-Tailed Extreme". Then built an M1550 and added it.
Cleared out a space on the floor for "Redline", my Ultimate Darkstar and removed the N/C and avbay. Recharged the batteries for the Eggfinder and two WiFi switches and started to run out of steam.
Pretty full day of rocketry, getting ready to pack the trailer for our trip to LDRS.

No,no,no..
Take all that stuff apart.
Always wait til the last minutes of a launch to prep .

M

No,no,no..
Take all that stuff apart.
Always wait til the last minutes of a launch to prep .
M

It's just a matter of perspective. For me, this is the last minute. Tomorrow we are packing all the rockets into the trailer, (hopefully) and leaving on Tuesday. I still have three more to get ready....

For no good reason it seems like the only time I get to build a rocket is sitting on the range.

No, No, No! :no: When the range opens, it's time to FLY rockets, not build them.

Back