This could be the most contentious issue ever on TRF!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus-cat

Reaction score
Which way do you face when taking a shower? Face towards the water or away???

I do it properly, facing away.

Away while lathering up - the hot water feels good against my lower back (which usually aches to one degree or another).

I think the more important question is "why do you ask?" signed, looking over my shoulder

Jesus faces one way, Hitler faces the other.
(Except when they're in the shower together of course)

NOW it's the most contentious thread ever.

s666

I face the shower head at first, then I twist around as I get all soaped up, then twist around to rinse. To shave, I move to the back of the shower, then open the curtain just enough to reach out and open the mediicine cabinet with the mirror, and as I shave, to my right is the whatever selection of water spray style I feel like, to rinse my razor after every couple of strokes. Now that my face, head and hands are thoroughly clean, I remember to take care of my feet with both the bar soap and the three in one, which is shampoo, body wash and something else. I'm facing sideways for this step, to allow me to grab the hand rail for support, so I don't slip, seeing as my feet are getting soaped up one at a time. I knew a guy who slipped and fell in the shower and broke his leg. That must have been embarrassing.
My back is doing well lately, but I agree about the sometimes just standing facing away for as long as the hot water lasts, while also grasping the hand rail for support.

Other times, I have to be confined to the front half of the shower, and get in and out as quick as possible, as I am soaking and rinsing machines in the tub, so they get pushed to the rear so i can get cleaned up and they don't dry out or interrupt the cycle of their cleaning too much, but that's only during the recent Winter months. I have a tank outside for that sort of thing now that it has warmed up.

Lathe Bed Table 2017-04-17 002.jpgMeanwhile in the tank 2017-04-27 005.jpg

Jesus faces one way, Hitler faces the other.
(Except when they're in the shower together of course)

NOW it's the most contentious thread ever.

s666

Well, if your shower was running Linux instead of Winduhs then you wouldn't have that problem...

Now THAT is contentious! :)

facing away with hot water on my sore back

facing towards with my head down with cool water on my bald spot

and some times sitting down in a hot bath when my legs, knees and feet hurt :cool:

Bobby

Hadn't really given it much thought, but.....I would probably be rotating counterclockwise at ~1 rad/s.

And now I know way more than I ever needed about Ramen's hygiene routine....

Interesting question.

Which way do you face when taking a shower? Face towards the water or away???

I do it properly, facing away.

Do you have CDO? (that's OCD, but spelt the right way. Alphabetically)

Hadn't really given it much thought, but.....I would probably be rotating counterclockwise at ~1 rad/s.
Do you have a circular shower? Most people would quote degrees as they have rectangular or square showers. Either that or you are a mathematician.

Well, I saw it before it was deleted........yep, that certainly "upped the level" a notch or two.
Also, was the funniest thing I read all week.

s666

yeah, well, the more I thought about it, the more I believed I was on my way to another infraction.

PS - I thought there was an actual delete option under advanced editing, but now I don't see it.

Wow, next someone will be asking which way do you hang your toilet paper roll?

That's a big argument here with the GF. Any normal, rational, non-savage, educated human places the roll with the paper flap out, away from the wall, of course... The GF just slaps a roll on the holder all willy nilly, and wants me to be thankful she switched out the empty at all. She only after 10 years now doesn't comment when I flip the roll to the "correct" orientation after she's put a new roll on. :eyeroll: is what I get when I bring this up when the meme is posted on the facebook thingy... :grin: :grin:

I have 2 shower heads......one on each end wall. So it doesn't matter which way I face.....LOL

Funny story there. My buddy built a new house many summers ago. He told the plumber he wanted 2 shower heads in the master bath. When he got home from work to check on the progress of his new master bath, the 2 shower heads were installed... Right next to each other on the same end of the tub/surround :facepalm: :facepalm:
Needless to say, he had to explain to them in detail, that they were supposed to be at opposite ends. The funniest part is my buddy is pretty anal about his stuff, and it bugs him to this day that there are extra holes behind his shower surround :rant:

Back