Secret Santa Christmas In July 17

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhhh.... I had it pinned on the wrong person (ttabal).

I saved that Chute Release box for the sole purpose of sending it to my next SS recipient :)

Just got an email saying I have a package inbound from Chris' Rocket Supplies...with "Elves Inc" under my name. Awesome. Tracking not available yet but I expect whatever it is to be here Monday.

Nice! Chris sells some great stuff. Nothing yet here, but I generally don't get deliveries until mid afternoon.

The majority of my list can come from Chris so it could be pretty much anything.

Oh Lord I hope not lol. I don't have anything to fly something like that...yet.
But it is coming parcel select, which is ground I think...
He usually uses priority shipping when I place an order, so it may be something big. He carries PML kits, and there are some of those I want but they weren't on my list...unless my Santa is Charles Xavier...
I don't have anything big on my list, that Chris carries.
:confused:

ha... it is a complete set of Loki 38mm hardware...

but each case only has one internal groove cut.

Ha! I can probably find someone to groove em for me. "I'll give you a complete motor if you groove these cases for me". Sounds like a good deal, but I don't know much about lathe work. If they can cut the grooves then they can probably make their own cases.

"Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 4:23 pm on July 10, 2017 in LEESVILLE, LA 71446. "

This gets me. Not only was the package not delivered today, but neither was any of my other mail. :dark: Don't scan the darn thing unless it is delivered. Shouldn't that be fraud of some sort?

I think I have had this happen before: have a package say it was delivered but it wasn't, so I am not worried yet. I didn't get any mail though, not one scrap. LOL. Maybe tomorrow.

The mail carrier I have known my whole life has retired after probably 40 years of service. He may have done some wacky things but he always delivered the mail in the mornings and only mis-delivered one or two items, that I am aware of. Now, this new guy I have yet to meet. Not looking good so far. :-/ He may have had an off day, Lord knows I wasn't very motivated at work today myself. HA.

Just thought I'd post it so my Santa isn't thinking the item was delivered because it wasn't. Fairly certain it will show up tomorrow, if not I'll make some calls or kick over some rocks. See what I can find out.

No news, hope Santa is just running late.

Thinking of running late, papa elf, put my prize from last time in a box and ship it. [emoji3]

So I had a short conversation with the mailman today and as I figured, he is trying to figure out the rural route. He scanned my package yesterday before he had to turn in the scanner and dropped off my package at around 7pm last night. I had already checked the mailbox, it was empty. The near-wife thought it would be funny to play a little joke on me. I was literally out pouring concrete for HER new garden shed when the mailman came by...CONCRETE and she's gonna play a joke on me, coming between me and rocket goodness. LOL She is always trying to pull something on me, but she underestimates my power of investigation.

So here is the package. Interesting sticker. I suspected right away it contained some APCP goodness. And mentioned as much to the near-wife.

1.jpg

That folks is a 2 pack of G70's - Loki Cocktail. My heart sunk for a moment, I don't have hardware for this. But when I pulled it out I saw what was under it. See it there?

2.jpg

Yep, Loki 38/120 motor! I was tickled pink...er, purple.

3.jpg

Lovely isn't it? I have a Madcow 3" Little John from December's Secret Santa that will be perfect for this. I'm gonna fly the snot out of it....

5.jpg

...but first I have to recover it, there is a sticky hand in my midst.

4.jpg

Secret Santa,
You went above and beyond expectations. It was definitely worth the wait. Thank you so much!

Now to guess who you are. My first guess will be Dhbarr. He got me good ole Big Daddy last CIJ from Chris (local to him?)...and it was late. LOL.

Second guess would be Salvage-1. From comments posted.

And if I get a third guess. Ttabbal From comments/replies to my posts.

How'd I do? Feel free to PM me if you want. You deserve a big thanks.

Last edited:
blah blah blah blah..... baby hand... blah.

Second guess would be Salvage-1. From comments posted.

How'd I do? Feel free to PM me if you want. You deserve a big thanks.

tumblr_ok9furcYie1w4nh3lo3_1280.gif

I should have not been so tardy logging in to the Forum......... I see you had a Secret Santa Party in July !!

Bless you all and Hope your flights and builds go well. I have to finish my basement so I can start building my LVL2 Model....

I knew those Loki G's and hardware would be well worth the wait. Those make me a little jealous :p

So far Papa Elf has not gotten anything, but I been on vacation for a week, so maybe something came in late.

I'm a bit jealous of the Loki setup too, but part of the fun is seeing what people choose to gift. And it gives me ideas that make the wife's eyes roll.. :)

I came home today to find an unexpected package. Return address is FlisKits, and I didn't order anything from them lately. Opened up to find an Alien8 kit and a note from Mr. Flis himself telling me that it's my gift. Can always count on him to keep it classy and not "out" the sender!

Thanks Santa! It was a fun change to have it just show up out of nowhere.. :) I'm going to set this one aside and take the time to do it up right with a full paint job etc.. Should be a fun build. Of course, I tend to have issues with rockets I do that with, but ya never know. For some reason, those are always the ones that get beat up the most. Must be a bit like the toast always landing butter side down. :)

Back