Ideas for shock cord mount, 3in. Airframe with 54mm mmt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey,,
You guys are too nice..lol..
Im glad you got the attachment point so quick Rob..
Now you see what I mean,,
You can't do this overtime,, ( I'm still not certain if it'll fit in a 2.1" airframe with a 38mm mount,, I don't think it will )
But when you can do this it's a neat clean part of the rockets structure...
I do this with a 3/16" eye and my 11/32" Tubular Kevlar in a 3" airframe with a 54mm mount,,
in a 2.6" airframe with a 38mm mount..
I have the same type of eyes in 1/4" and in 5/16" also..
I do the same with a 1/4" eye and my 7/16" Tubular Kevlar in a 4" airframe with a 75 mm mount..
A 5" airframe with a 98 I think the 5/16" eye fits,, if not the 1/4"...
This is actually where the "Y"'s that I make got their start...

Thank you so much for all the kind words guys..
Michael, as I type this I'm in my rig in Country Charm campground right outside of the Potter field..
There is a fairly new flyer,, his name is Trent,, he's a super nice man,, he was here today with his two
sons (both early 20's, eating him out of house and home, lol ).. He successfully got his level 1 cert today on a Loki H 160 LB..
I was really wishing you were there to meet him,, he reminded me of you,, lol.. And here's the kicker ,,
I think he lives really close to you.. He said he is or looked into being a member of Napas but, no field..

How are you Kit,, thank you so much man,,
It's a long time,, I haven't spoken to you..
How's everything on the left coast,, lol..
You're still flying at the Snow Ranch,, no ???

Teddy

Still flying at Snow Ranch but we've had terrible weather on launch dates. November, December were good but the nothing until April and May was canceled due to fire danger. From drought into never-ending rain and back into fire season.

I need to get an order into you for a shockcord with a heavy duty swivel sewn into the fin can end for my Polecat Aero Goblin 5.5". I'll email you the specs in a bit. The next launch in our area is probably November (!) so no rush.

Latest posts

Back