Im a quiter!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! That's outstanding. A success story in determination, will power and strength. YOU are a example of success to those who have stopped or are stopping or thinking about it. Congratulations!

Wow no hair of the Scotty Dog that bit you this century !

Your sobriety is of legal age now..

Congratulations and well done

Kenny

Congrats. I have never smoked a cigarette, cigar, pipe or anything else. I've never been drunk or high, so I can't quite relate to an addiction. But never, never, never, never ask me to give up chocolate.

good on ya!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:
how and why'd ya do it? ( i have a feeling i know the answer to that)
12 years here myself.
Lots of reasons..finally had enough of trying to be a social drinker..what a joke that was at the time.
Sick all the time. Losing jobs,trouble with the law, lost the wife and kids(she left me) and on and on. Just had enough. to much work to be a good drunk.
As far as how I did it, well I do have a very strong will power when I get pissed.Like the cigarettes, I was sick of it controlling my life.
I did do the meetings,but that was cuz the law made me go. Was never hip to them meetings. Not to say the meeting don't work for others. And I did take it upon me-self to do counseling at the Yavapai Mental place in Cottonwood AZ to hopefully get rid of some old baggage . I got popped for a DUI out there, and that got the ball rolling to getting sober this time around. Had many 3,6,9,months stents at being sober before this try.
Congrats on your 12 yrs and congrats on being sober TODAY!!!

I just passed my two year sobriety anniversary on the 11th of May here. I quit smoking back in 90' and never looked back. Quit drugs also back in 90' but smoked a bit of weed in 2014 (as in maybe 3 or four bowls for arthritis) and haven't touched the stuff since. It's good to see people grab the bull by the horns and wrestle the damn thing into the ground and become it's master. You deserve kudos and it's certainly worth bragging about. The best of continuing luck to you!

Wow no hair of the Scotty Dog that bit you this century !

Your sobriety is of legal age now..

Congratulations and well done

Kenny
Thanks. Back in those days it would take one of 3-outs to stop me from drinking once I started.Not in any order.
Pass out
Money ran out
Booze ran out

Back