Let's talk one piece plastic fin cans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNmike

Reaction score
First post here. After several decades I'm considering getting back into model rocketry. I've been doing a lot of research on the one piece plastic fin cans and find the amount of information out there is limited. I'm especially interested in the BT-50 size fin cans and up. I would like any information you could share concerning brand; availability; type/shape/etc. such as number of fins, slide over tube or onto pilot diameter, has integral launch or lug or not, dimensions, etc.; quality, including straightness of fins; durability, and so on. I am fairly aware of Estes offerings (https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Fin_Can_Reference_V2.0.pdf, which may be a somewhat older listing); Quest's offerings, although their website gives minimal information, and the two Acme cans. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

First post here. After several decades I'm considering getting back into model rocketry.
Sorry I have no helpful information for you regarding 1-piece fin cans.

However, I can certainly encourage you to get back into rocketry, if only briefly. I suggest that if you build exactly one new rocket, you'll get it out of your system and then you can move onto other things.

(snicker)

Easiest 1pc are the Estes boosters in bt55, bt60, and 'pro'; the last being a nonstandard size which slides nicely inside other sizes.

Of those I only really like the pro, it's plenty study and if you leave the 'cap' off you can use a longer mount for a perfect 29/40-120 fit.

Back