CTI reload does not fit into casing, help please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had similar trouble with CTI Pro38 3G cases. Silicon spray, remove the grains, drop liner and delay module into case, drop grains into case, insert nozzle module and seat it, twist nozzle module until it seats. This after several fliers at the launch tried unsuccessfully to seat the reload with body weight.

Have seen rocketeers using rubber mallets at the range. :eek:

The sandpaper technique was new to me and I will add it to my bag of tricks.

I've had similar trouble with CTI Pro38 3G cases. Silicon spray, remove the grains, drop liner and delay module into case, drop grains into case, insert nozzle module and seat it, twist nozzle module until it seats. This after several fliers at the launch tried unsuccessfully to seat the reload with body weight.

Have seen rocketeers using rubber mallets at the range. :eek:

The sandpaper technique was new to me and I will add it to my bag of tricks.

That is crazy. Are grains swollen?

I have used CTI motors for years with not this much of any problems. Once in a while on the 38s when loading the forward closure is a little tight at the threads but once past threads all is smooth.

That is crazy. Are grains swollen?

I live in California. It never rains here and the average humidity is about 30-40%.

The problem was really the thickness of the liner. The grains rattled around inside.

Dr. J offered me a new liner but I'd already loaded the case by that time. Fired without incident. Subsequent 1-195's had similar issues but I already had the loading technique down.

I flew the "sticky" motor today. It flew fine and the casing was easy to remove. Only problem was the delay was too long, perhaps I did not drill a large enough hole.

I flew the "sticky" motor today. It flew fine and the casing was easy to remove. Only problem was the delay was too long, perhaps I did not drill a large enough hole.

Did you use the CTI delay tool? What is the max delay, what did you drill it to, and what was the actual delay?

Back