Cj builds...........TRFKAB The Rocket Formerly Known as Black [IT'S BACK!!!!}

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...missed this last summer when I was moving. Is there still a chance to buy one??

I was just telling someone about this thread last week. Now I think I have to get one too!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Can a RMS 38/480 fit? What's the max CTI or AT casing length that fits in this kit?

Can a RMS 38/480 fit? What's the max CTI or AT casing length that fits in this kit?

360 AT [CTI 3-grain] case is longest....you would not be able to get recovery gear in with anything longer. This is a fun Sc-Fi sport flier. Realistically 2 grain motors are the biggest you want to use or risk losing the rocket.

I would like one.

As well as a few dozen other folks.

There is soon much work involved in these..you can't imagine.
Nose cones are resin cast in a pressure vessel [50psi] so there are no bubbles.
Fins are 3 part cut, sanded, routed to shape ..glued & assembled then finish sanded.
Body is resin infused molded, the assembled[both halves & launch lug glued in place after lug get 2 different curve profiles cut ....each end is different]

see here:https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-as-Black-IT-S-BACK!!!!&p=1694637#post1694637

First kit was made last May...last one just finished last week Feb. Almost a year to do 120 kits....you can only make 2-3 week and that's humping it.
What started as a fun project turned into real work & was no longer fun. Quite a few lucky folks got these & I hope they are being enjoyed. Once again...sure would like to see some pics of finished ones.....

It will be a while [if ever] for another run of these to be made. Charlie's been making these non-stop for 10 months & doesn't want to look at another for awhile. Too many serious altitude projects in the pipe for now.

If you do want one post here & I'll make a list for future reference & we'll see.............

Charlie took his website down as was getting sooo many orders for these and HEI modules it was just taking up too much time. He has tons of real Aero-Space quality project orders on the books right now. [making carbon tubes, nosecone & I/S's

Last edited:
Hmm - first try for a reply disappeared

I sent Charlie an email but to be official I would like one

Thanks
Les

I didn't order one up last year when this came up and now am reminded of the rocketry rule of "if you see something you like, don't delay because it might not be there tomorrow".

A attempted to order one up but my email query has not been responded to and I am guessing that at this point if you don't have a TRFKAB in your hands.....you're not getting one! Hopefully those who have them may they fly straight and true!

I guess Charlie went to where the money is. He left us little guys out in the cold. JUST A JOKE. Charlie did what he needed to do.

I emailed and send Charlie a message and will let you guys know if he still makes them

He called me again today while waiting for glue to cure...lol

He is contemplating doing a run...down the road, to be clear...if you guys are willing do the pre-assembly of fins.
The body would come assembled , but you would have to mount the long launch lug.
You would also have to align & glue the 3 part fins to-gether and clamp them.

I can tell you for SURE he is NOT going to be making any soon.
All the molds, router set-up, G-10 fin set up resin-infusion apparatus has been put in storage.

Anyone wanting one...put your name here to get on the list. Do NOT send him a message, it won't matter, he's too busy playing catch upon all the other backlogged projects/parts requests for Balls & college team [SLI] projects.

I simply takes too much time to make these, as cool as the little critters are.

Might want to restate what the expected price it before anyone commits. As cool as it looks I be having too much already as the "spousal" unit is getting haughty. Kurt

I will let mine go for what ihave in it that is $225. for the kit $20,00 shipping.pp f&f

Clarence

Back