Hearing is today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ummmm, Cops at the door on a disability case? Sounds unusual. Kurt

He said earlier in the thread that he had a court ordered counseling session that he missed because he marked the calendar incorrectly. He went on Friday and the appointment was for Thursday. I don't know if he has previously mentioned what the counseling is for or not.

He said earlier in the thread that he had a court ordered counseling session that he missed because he marked the calendar incorrectly. He went on Friday and the appointment was for Thursday. I don't know if he has previously mentioned what the counseling is for or not.

Ok, I see. Another unrelated issue. Details not necessary. Kurt

I am not surprised. I heard it takes multiple attempts to get approved. It seems it is less about qualifying than are you willing to jump through enough hoops to get it. I say keep jumping.

Sorry to hear that... I'm sure you know the old adage...

If first you don't succeed... Try... Try again.

Good Luck Next Time.

You can appeal it. I think it took my wife 2 years for it to go through from start to finish. With all her medical issues, and the terrible health insurance I had at the time, it did a number on my savings.

My wife won her appeal after being denied disability benefits. She represented herself during the appeal hearing. It is not something I would necessarily recommend, but it worked for her.

-- Roger

I've been at it for over 2-1/2 years now.
I got one more chance at it.
I'm looking into getting a real attorney this time.
Citizens Disability is a freaking joke.
The attorney the sent to the hearing never even reviewed my case.
He was suppose to show up an hour early to review it with me before the hearing.
He was 20 minutes FOR the hearing.
The Judge asked me more questions for my side, while dumb ass young punk kid attorney straight out of college just sat there like he was hung over or something.

Back