Tri-Cities Rocketeers May 2017 launch announcement

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
The Tri Cities Rocketeers will be holding our next launch of 2017 on Saturday May 13, 2017. We will have a 10,000 foot waiver in place limited to L impulse open from 10am-5pm.

If you plan to fly an any rocket that might approach the limit of our waiver, we would ask that you provide sim data that will show us that the rocket will not break the waiver.

We have implemented a liability waiver policy. All event attendees (flyers and spectators, including children) must now have a signed liability waiver on file.
You can download the waiver here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-liability-waiver-form.html

Please also note our enhanced safety policies as well. You can read them here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/tcr-enhanced-safety-measures.html

Dry camping is allowed at our site if you would like to come early. Here is an overhead view of our site with camping area marked: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/birds-eye-view-of-the-range.html

You can visit the page on our website with our "address" to aid in locating our launch site here: www.tricitiesrocketeers.org/launch-site-directions.html

Sparky motors are allowed.

Please keep an eye on our website and the mailing lists and our forum for launch updates. No news is good news, which means I will only make a cancellation announcement if poor weather is expected. If the launch is cancelled, the announcement will be made at least 24 hours in advance.

If you would like to become a TCR member, the annual cost is only $10.00 and is good for our "fiscal" year from April 1st through March 31st. All proceeds go towards maintaining and improving the equipment necessary to provide a better launch experience.

Hope to see you at the sod farm!

Crossing my fingers that the wind stays reasonable. Been too long since the last time I've made it over there.

Crossing my fingers that the wind stays reasonable. Been too long since the last time I've made it over there.

Were looking at 10-20 mph currently and prevailing wind direction. Obviously it will change by Saturday hopefully it will just get better.

Have fun, all. I thought I'd be at the TARC final next weekend but since my wife recently had much needed surgery on her right hand (last Tuesday morning) I canceled that trip. And since we are still planning to go to NSL and I have a launch to run on the 20th, I'll not be coming over for this. *sigh*

One of these days we'll get back to the sod farm.

Have fun, all. I thought I'd be at the TARC final next weekend but since my wife recently had much needed surgery on her right hand (last Tuesday morning) I canceled that trip. And since we are still planning to go to NSL and I have a launch to run on the 20th, I'll not be coming over for this. *sigh*

One of these days we'll get back to the sod farm.

Bernard, wish Avis the best for us hopefully she will be back to playing her harps again soon. We will miss you guys, but we do have a 3-day launch in June.

Rich,

Actually, she's been practicing playing with her left hand only since the surgery was scheduled a few weeks ago....and while her thumb is immobilized and will be for awhile the fingers are free on the right, so she can use three of them on the harp. But so far it has really sapped her energy trying to recover. The stitches come out Wednesday and a cast gets put on that will be with her until we get back from our road trip to New Mexico that starts by going to NSL. From there we will reconnect with old friends in the southern part of the state, then visit with my Dad and brother and sister and Avis' brother and a few other folks around the state.

Because of that, we'll likely miss the June launch as well (unless I get someone to run the BEMRC June launch...and then we can end our trip with the TCR June launch). However that blue Big Bertha she flew and flew at last June's launch is now wearing the Carlsbad Cavemen mascot (her high school) and I've built one in Shiprock Chieftains colors (my high school) and we'll fly both at NSL, among other things.

Back